Aux Wiring for ARB

traviswalker007

Is there any special AUX wire i should use for my ARB single compressor? I have AUX 1 set to winch and the other 3 AUX wires set up on LED lights, was was not sure if the amp draw is dedicated to just AUX 1 and 2

If you're hooking it to the battery directly with a relay harness, you can use any 12+ to trip the relay and not worry about the current and draw. Do not power it directly from the aux switch to your compressor, use the relay harness.

CalSgt

Hooked
If you're hooking it to the battery directly with a relay harness, you can use any 12+ to trip the relay and not worry about the current and draw. Do not power it directly from the aux switch to your compressor, use the relay harness.
This^^^

Also Auxiliary #1 & 2 are rated at 40 amp & 3 & 4 are rated at 15 amp. I would use a low amp line to run a relay and save the high amp ones for anything not using a relay

5CA34674-CC33-4164-B9FD-6CAEC16EC7D5.jpeg

traviswalker007

I’m curious to hear if the winch is actually getting direct power through Aux 1. Can’t imagine that will end well.
aux 1 is wired to power the relay on and off!! reason is I dont want constant hot power to the winch 24/7 for battery draw, maybe I should of been more clear in that post.

traviswalker007

I will hook the compressor up per the video that Eddie posted on using the aux switches. not sure why asking a simple question is so difficult to answer. I have the arb compressor kit, that comes with a relay yes? so the relay can be wired to a Aux switch yes?

traviswalker007

This^^^

Also Auxiliary #1 & 2 are rated at 40 amp & 3 & 4 are rated at 15 amp. I would use a low amp line to run a relay and save the high amp ones for anything not using a relay

View attachment 364410
thanks man that's what i was looking for!! what would you recommend the aux 1 and 2 be used for? most high amp draw after market stuff comes with relays so would there be anything to use on that with out a relay?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yes, any of the factory switches can take the place of the ARB switch, or pretty much any switch if you are only using the factory switch to trigger a relay.

The benefit of Aux 1 and 2 are that they can be used to directly power some other accessories which results in less clutter under the hood (no rats nest of wires and multiple relays zip tied everywhere).

CalSgt

Hooked
thanks man that's what i was looking for!! what would you recommend the aux 1 and 2 be used for? most high amp draw after market stuff comes with relays so would there be anything to use on that with out a relay?
The benefit of Aux 1 and 2 are that they can be used to directly power some other accessories which results in less clutter under the hood (no rats nest of wires and multiple relays zip tied everywhere).
What Sharky said, I run my rock lights without a relay & wired straight to Aux 1

not sure why asking a simple question is so difficult to answer.
1. Drop the entitled whiny shit YOU came here and asked US for help, which you got plenty of.

2. In your first post did you mention in any way that you were using the relay harness that came with it? No. You just asked can you hook up the compressor to the aux switch or would it be too much for the amperage, and you got the correct answer of yes if you use a relay and not to power it directly off the switch panel. You even got the technical specs of the switch panels capacity. If you want help in the future it would help to include that information in your post and not think that some guy across the country magical knows what wires you’re holding and what you’re trying to do.

Between this and your comments in this thread https://www.wayalife.com/threads/acm-bracket.61875/#post-1277939 whining about a week shipping times you sure aren’t acting like you want anyone here to help you.

I’ll gladly send you a box of donkey dicks, just post up your address. Seriously, are you really that fucking self-important that you can’t wait a week for something custom made by a “mom and pop”…give me a fucking break.
I’m gonna hop on this bandwagon.

traviswalker007

1. Drop the entitled whiny shit YOU came here and asked US for help, which you got plenty of.

2. In your first post did you mention in any way that you were using the relay harness that came with it? No. You just asked can you hook up the compressor to the aux switch or would it be too much for the amperage, and you got the correct answer of yes if you use a relay and not to power it directly off the switch panel. You even got the technical specs of the switch panels capacity. If you want help in the future it would help to include that information in your post and not think that some guy across the country magical knows what wires you’re holding and what you’re trying to do.

Between this and your comments in this thread https://www.wayalife.com/threads/acm-bracket.61875/#post-1277939 whining about a week shipping times you sure aren’t acting like you want anyone here to help you.

traviswalker007

how about you kiss my ass who the fuck do you think you are bro? and ya when I fuckin pay for something I want it, could care the FUCK less who makes it or how, Its my money end of story. So many fuckin trolls on this forum, are you the Jeep gods? LMFAO

traviswalker007

I bet your good at hopping on shit!! LMFAO

WJCO

Meme King
how about you kiss my ass who the fuck do you think you are bro? and ya when I fuckin pay for something I want it, could care the FUCK less who makes it or how, Its my money end of story. So many fuckin trolls on this forum, are you the Jeep gods? LMFAO
Calm down, brochacho.

Hahaha tell me more how you pay for this forum and are entitled to answers ?? Lmao. Gtfo crybaby. You just be so upset quoted me three times and made three posts replying, learn how to use a forum 🤣

Top Bottom