Are People Really Buying WAYALIFE Decals from eBay, etsy, Bonanza, etc??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't see you ask for "condolences" either which is 90% of this thread..
Not one single person (other than a few jokers) has said they have yet here we are on page 7+

You're absolutely right, I didn't ask for "condolences" but I did and still do appreciate them.

Sorry for attempting to help

No, the apology is mine to give for offending you.

JAGS

Hooked
Not one single person (other than a few jokers) has said they have yet here we are on page 7+

Dude, don't get defensive. You clearly are not married. Sometimes people just want to be heard and voice their activities of the day. Eddie didn't ask for solutions and this isn't the first time this has happened. He asked if folks were buying from these sites, maybe not realizing they weren't distributors or some other connection. As family, we are just saying this issue sucks and supporting.

Now, if he wanted solutions, I'm sure he would have asked "what should I do?" and probably would have directed it towards the several lawyers who are also his friends. Or maybe even consulted a marketer or two on here...fuck those guys ;).

For what it's worth, a registration mark is of no value and many companies have removed them altogether (Apple, Sony, Nike to name a few). Mere use of a logo, icon, term (tagline) in connection with a product or company implies "common law" to said usage. The fact he has filed for legal registration with the USPO gives him even more legal leverage.

mcgyvr

Dude, don't get defensive. You clearly are not married. .

I am married actually.. going on 14 years and been with her for 26 years.. Typical "high school sweet hearts" awwww :misery:

Hard not to get defensive when I attempt a small joke and feel like I was instantly ganged up on..
But that dick head t-shirt is funny.. :yup:

Its cool... I understand now.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Queue the "I hoped this place was different," and the "Thanks for confirming my suspicions and rumors about this place."

Sharkey

Word Ninja

You can help.

Choking on a bowl of dicks would be a good start because you obviously haven't the slightest clue about how intellectual property rights work.

mcgyvr

You can help.

Choking on a bowl of dicks would be a good start because you obviously haven't the slightest clue about how intellectual property rights work.

I think your mom borrowed by bowl of dicks and hasn't returned it yet. Can you open your bedrooom door to shout across the hallway and let her know I need it back? :clap2: :yawn37:
Or is it only ok for you to "assume" and not me yet?
Or wait.. checking site rules for minimum post count before mom jokes are allowed.. ;)

Come on guys.. relax..
It's over.. let it die..
I get it.. "tight group here"..

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I think your mom borrowed by bowl of dicks and hasn't returned it yet. Can you open your bedrooom door to shout across the hallway and let her know I need it back? :clap2: :yawn37:
Or is it only ok for you to "assume" and not me yet?
Or wait.. checking site rules for minimum post count before mom jokes are allowed.. ;)

Come on guys.. relax..
It's over.. let it die..
I get it.. "tight group here"..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458768951.953570.jpg

.....……

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
So, I got a message from a member here on WAYALIFE letting me know that he came across an online store that was not only selling our copyrighted WAYALIFE windshield decal but was using one of our photos to promote it and just for good measure, was selling it for considerably MORE than we do.

View attachment 194127

So, I have to ask, are any of you guys actually buying these decals from this thief? Certainly, I hold no ill will toward you - I just want to know why you would. Clearly, you may not have known that we sell our copyrighted decals exclusively and that thieves live this are not associated with us.

Oh, and so that there's no mistake, we work hard to COPYRIGHT everything related to our brand and the word "WAYALIFE" is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and it is LIVE - Registration Number: 4,912,597. Int. Cls.: 16 and 25. Ser. No. 56-633,796.
This is a disgrace. I remember years ago watching a sort of newsmagazine TV show (60 Minutes style show... I forget which one) and people who invented tools, trinkets and such were having their patented stuff stolen in much the same way. Just the cost of tracking down the thieves and trying to take multinational companies to court was largely prohibitive, while the inventors are having food stole from their families' mouths.

I promise I'll buy your stuff through this website only.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
It's sort of the same with youtube. People download other people's videos and upload them as theirs. So when you search for a wayalife video, make sure wayalife is the author.

Good advice. I'm subscribed to the official YouTube channel for Wayalife.

BLCK4X4

Found this Instagram page who stole a WAL picture that Eddie had posted...didn't "repost" it to give Eddie his credit but he screen shot it and uploaded it himself[emoji23][emoji109]🏼 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459002673.120014.jpg

Jknewbi

Sadly there is a lot of work to get a copyright then it is entirely on you to protect it. Wish there was a better way.

Top Bottom