Apex Autolynx sway bar disconnect

benatc1

Hooked
Has anyone here had any experience with the Apex Autolynx sway bar disconnect links? I want to address some disconnects for my Mojave but am feeling to lazy for traditional disconnects, these are a bit pricey but still cheaper than adapting a rubicon sway bar, ect. I'm concerned they may limit flex but not really sure either. any other suggestions would be great well.

TheGrendel

Has anyone here had any experience with the Apex Autolynx sway bar disconnect links? I want to address some disconnects for my Mojave but am feeling to lazy for traditional disconnects, these are a bit pricey but still cheaper than adapting a rubicon sway bar, ect. I'm concerned they may limit flex but not really sure either. any other suggestions would be great well.
I've seen those posted and can't help but think they are a gimmick that won't take abuse for long. I'd save up the pennies for an ORO Swayloc instead.

I have them and have been running them hard all year. I can say that they work very very well. Super convenient and easy to use. The shaft does have some flex to it when I’m fully articulated but after a year (so far) of hard use running everything in Moab including Pritchett Canyon, Moab Rim and Cliffhanger as well as a lot of hardcore wheeling in Sand Hollow I feel like they are absolutely up to the task. They are local to me and that was a big reason I chose to give them a try. So far, absolutely happy with them. I did take a measurement without the front sway bar connected at all (old pin style disconnects) and again with these and the measurements we’re spot on identical.

Attachments

• A397C5EB-F478-4A70-A23D-46EE3A61AA03.jpeg
    A397C5EB-F478-4A70-A23D-46EE3A61AA03.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 31
  • D6704085-FD99-42D0-8724-7D84E7D0F2D0.jpeg
    D6704085-FD99-42D0-8724-7D84E7D0F2D0.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 32

benatc1

Hooked
I've seen those posted and can't help but think they are a gimmick that won't take abuse for long. I'd save up the pennies for an ORO Swayloc instead.
Id be lying if I wasn't worried about that too. I'll look into the sway lock and see what it's all about. I don't want to relocate my shock reservoirs right now, probably won't until new shocks are needed.

benatc1

Hooked
I have them and have been running them hard all year. I can say that they work very very well. Super convenient and easy to use. The shaft does have some flex to it when I’m fully articulated but after a year (so far) of hard use running everything in Moab including Pritchett Canyon, Moab Rim and Cliffhanger as well as a lot of hardcore wheeling in Sand Hollow I feel like they are absolutely up to the task. They are local to me and that was a big reason I chose to give them a try. So far, absolutely happy with them. I did take a measurement without the front sway bar connected at all (old pin style disconnects) and again with these and the measurements we’re spot on identical.
Thanks for the review, did you go with the 10.5 length ones?

Thanks for the review, did you go with the 10.5 length ones?
I did and I have mine set to the second to last notch although I could go all the way to the top but he recommended I set it up the way I have it so I just went with his advice. I should note that you need to make sure you have your stock sway bar hardware. I didn’t have mine being that I was using the old pin style disconnects so I had to go and buy some hardware. No big deal but, it’s not included in the kit.

Top Bottom