Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The hospital I work at is full about 230 total patients. Over half are covid patients. They are holding patients in the ER because there are not enough beds up to about 2 days. They worked a level 2 trauma in the hallway and I saw them stitching someone's head in the hallway. The hospital is turning away transfers from other hospitals. Both hospitals in my area are like this.
You don't have to be scared or worried but I would look up the status of your local hospitals. It may not be as bad.
Fake news! 😂🤣😂

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It is not just emergencies. Hospitals are starting to limit non-emergency surgeries again. Sucks to be out of work with a torn ACL for a few extra months because you can’t get a surgery, or to miss an early cancer diagnoses because screening isn’t an emergency.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The hospital I work at is full about 230 total patients. Over half are covid patients. They are holding patients in the ER because there are not enough beds up to about 2 days. They worked a level 2 trauma in the hallway and I saw them stitching someone's head in the hallway. The hospital is turning away transfers from other hospitals. Both hospitals in my area are like this.
You don't have to be scared or worried but I would look up the status of your local hospitals. It may not be as bad.
Okay that’s cool that they were able to do that but did anyone die because they had to apply some stitches in the hallway?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol. Never said you should be scared or worried. I suppose you may not consider 91% of staffed beds (that’s all beds, not just ICU) “full” a big deal, but it’s about a three car pileup from being a very big issue.
And 91% of America’s are a missed paycheck away from not being able to make a mortgage payment. I’m not about the what if’s. What if lightning strikes my house tonight! What if my neighbors meth lab blows up tonight? What if my dick grows twelve inches tonight?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It is not just emergencies. Hospitals are starting to limit non-emergency surgeries again. Sucks to be out of work with a torn ACL for a few extra months because you can’t get a surgery, or to miss an early cancer diagnoses because screening isn’t an emergency.
Lol that’s an extreme. Do people usually go to the hospital when they find a lump in their tit or balls or do they make an appointment with their primary care?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as I hate to admit it... I've made a terrible mistake and sincerely regret having ever participated on this thread or for allowing it to exist for as long as I have. There was a time that I would have never allowed it and for a reason. I created this forum to be a place I can talk to others about the things I love - Jeeps! NOT to be a place where I have to hear everyone talk about the things I hate - politics and religion, EVEN here in the 8th Slot. So to this, I apologize for my lack of better judgement and hope you can be understanding of my reasons for closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom