Anyone know about the stereo in the JK?

BlackKnight

I know it's noting to do with any performance upgrades to be on the trail, but I was looking to update my speakers.

I have the base stereo without the sub option. I know that the front speakers are 2 way component speakers and that the cable s are split from the head unit, not with crossovers. And that the sound bar speakers are also 2 ways. My question is this; Can I change out the sound bar and front speakers with threeways, rather than the stock twoways? I've been told that the base stereo has no crossovers in one and sends all frequencies to each speaker (less the two tweeters on the dash).

Bustedback

You will not need crossovers for aftermarket speakers. Aftermarket speakers have crossovers built into them for the tweeters. If you plan on using the stock radio you will find out the new speakers may not be as loud as you planned. The stock radio doesn't have a lot of output power to drive a fancy speaker. If you change the radio you will need an adapter so you can use the steering wheel controls and for the new radio to work with the canbus system.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom