Anyone installed the EVO Overland Control Arm Brackets?

ScoobyCarolanNC

Very close to pulling the trigger on a 2.5" EVO Element kit. I did most of the work on my JL myself but there are two things I'm nervous about. On the JL I ordered the longer MOPAR control arms from their lift kit to fix my caster. They were $65 and it was an awesome solution. After I got the steel steering box (and a clinically perfect alignment) that jeep tracked 100% straight hands-off at 80 mph. This time I'm considering the drop brackets to keep my LCA's flat. Anyone else running them? The install notes talk about having to grind the frame a bit? That has me a tad sketched out just that I've never done anything like that myself. Is it a lot of material that has to come off? If don't do it totally perfect will I destroy the truck?

The other thing is the steel brake lines. I figure I can get a Motive Powerbleeder and bleed them myself, but again I've never done it. I'd hate to mess that up and get air in my lines. Is it really as easy as it looks in all the YouTube videos? How come you don't have to extend the ABS sensor lines too?

Thanks for the advice as always!

benatc1

Hooked
I put the evo drop brackets on my JT, I don’t recall having to grind anything but if I did it was minimal, but the install was very straight fwd. I really liked the result of feel when driving with the brackets installed. Made it feel stock again. As far as bleeding brakes, let them drip bleed, get a friend to help pump the pedal and work the bleeder screw and you’ll be just fine getting all the air out. Really an easy process

Very close to pulling the trigger on a 2.5" EVO Element kit. I did most of the work on my JL myself but there are two things I'm nervous about. On the JL I ordered the longer MOPAR control arms from their lift kit to fix my caster. They were $65 and it was an awesome solution. After I got the steel steering box (and a clinically perfect alignment) that jeep tracked 100% straight hands-off at 80 mph. This time I'm considering the drop brackets to keep my LCA's flat. Anyone else running them? The install notes talk about having to grind the frame a bit? That has me a tad sketched out just that I've never done anything like that myself. Is it a lot of material that has to come off? If don't do it totally perfect will I destroy the truck?

The other thing is the steel brake lines. I figure I can get a Motive Powerbleeder and bleed them myself, but again I've never done it. I'd hate to mess that up and get air in my lines. Is it really as easy as it looks in all the YouTube videos? How come you don't have to extend the ABS sensor lines too?

Thanks for the advice as always!
The drop brackets should be a straight bolt in part. I don't think I've ever had to grind anything off for them to go on.

I put the evo drop brackets on my JT, I don’t recall having to grind anything but if I did it was minimal, but the install was very straight fwd. I really liked the result of feel when driving with the brackets installed. Made it feel stock again. As far as bleeding brakes, let them drip bleed, get a friend to help pump the pedal and work the bleeder screw and you’ll be just fine getting all the air out. Really an easy process
Yup this works. Worse case, you will just have to repeat the process if you don't get all of the air out the first time. ABS will just secure to the brake line and should be able to free up some slack by disconnecting it from the oem bracket on the "C" if needed.

sunnysideup

I have the same lift.... have loved the highway manners of the drop down brackets. No grinding. I had a sport to begin with so I did add a spacer to the front to clear 37's when flexing. It does pretty well! The rear springs were a little too soft when loaded down and trail running at the same time. I swapped them for the 4.5 Hd rears and it seems to be the right combo for being so heavy offroad. The 2.5 were fine in the rear before the RTT and 400lbs of camping gear... I have no complaints about the EVO 2.5 overlander lift!

Attachments

• 298222683_5469462539780956_2683130385171743854_n (1).jpg
    298222683_5469462539780956_2683130385171743854_n (1).jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20210903_234544319.jpg
    PXL_20210903_234544319.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 35
  • 282444497_5245194765541069_5471749197892765411_n.jpg
    282444497_5245194765541069_5471749197892765411_n.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 35

ScoobyCarolanNC

I don't think I've ever had to grind anything off for them to go on.
have loved the highway manners of the drop down brackets. No grinding.
I have no complaints about the EVO 2.5 overlander lift!

Thanks so much y'all! The brake bleeder I'm going to go ahead and get. I paid $150 to get my brakes flushed on the JK and when I picked it up they'd obviously just topped up the fluid. You could see the new fluid on top of the denser darker old fluid. I was so pissed and they basically told me to F off.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have the same lift.... have loved the highway manners of the drop down brackets. No grinding. I had a sport to begin with so I did add a spacer to the front to clear 37's when flexing. It does pretty well! The rear springs were a little too soft when loaded down and trail running at the same time. I swapped them for the 4.5 Hd rears and it seems to be the right combo for being so heavy offroad. The 2.5 were fine in the rear before the RTT and 400lbs of camping gear... I have no complaints about the EVO 2.5 overlander lift!
That one pic flexing on the rocks is incredible!

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Man that is exactly where I want to be at (for now) with the flex - I will have my ridge grapplers on this coming week - i settled on terraflex wheel spacers (will be installing them all around). Looks like you stuck with the stock flares but with a chop ?"

sunnysideup

Man that is exactly where I want to be at (for now) with the flex - I will have my ridge grapplers on this coming week - i settled on terraflex wheel spacers (will be installing them all around). Looks like you stuck with the stock flares but with a chop ?"
Yep... american adventure labs...come with led slim lights. I'm on the third set of them... first two burnt out...this third set is about 8000miles now and no problem. They sent replacements for free. stock max tow flares...which are slightly different then the others...

Top Bottom