Anyone have any success with a windshield repair kit???

FuriousDz

So driving on the highway today and a truck kicked up a nice size rock that left me with a nice little bullseye in my windshield.
Has anyone ever used one of those repair kits with success or will am I going to need to have my entire windshield replaced?

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had my windshield chips repaired - they hold up and keep it from spreading. Call your insurance, they may have a referral that does it for free.

I've found prices vary, last chip I got repaired at a car wash for $25, they did a real good job. Ask how they do it, had one fixed all they did was put glue on it with suction and it failed.

BlackKnight

Most insurances I've dealt with provide this service for free provided you have Comprehensive coverage. It's a Win-Win for them, it's a cheap fix that does not cost them much in comparision for the whole window, and they get to keep all the money you give them any month without outlay..

Willfo

I had safe lite repair it. Took about 20 min cost $50. Insurance would of covered it but I didn't want to take the chance of them raising my payment. Plus they guarantee it for life.

Turk

I had mine done at Speedy Auto glass only 2 days after owning it. They did a fantastic job and it was covered through insurance to. They said if the chip is the size of your thumb nail or smaller it could be fixed, if its larger they may have to replace the whole thing

Tackerdown

Banned
Both my sons had there's fixed while they were at work. They came to the job sight and the insurance covered it. One was a windshield replacement ,had to pay a deductible .

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

FuriousDz

Glad to hear I should be able to have it fixed. Ill be calling safe lite tomorrow.

Thanks again for the responses

Top Bottom