Anybody running the Evo 2.5 Overland stage 3?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm looking at lifts to do probably in the fall. I was considering the AEV Dualsport but I started looking at the EVO 2.5 setups, there is a $500 jump from stage 2 to 3 and the only difference according to Evo is the rear upper adjustable arms. no other 2.5 inch lift has those so I'm thinking that it is more of a future proofing option than anything else. Long term plan is 37's, not really looking to go beyond there and $500 is a good chunk of change that can be used on other mods.

I Guess the question is, is it worth it to go to Stage 3 for 37's or is Stage 2 enough?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
At 2.5” height you probably don’t need the control arm drop brackets in the overland setup…. That’ll save $200. Depending what your needs are, start with a stage 2. If you feel like you need the rear uppers, buy them afterwards.

Lperdue

We put a 2 inch spacer lift on my neighbors Mojave and was less than thrilled about the pinion angle, but it’s still due able. However, I do feel like it may shorten the life of the Rzeppa joint.

Just be sure what ever kit you buy comes with the spacers for the carrier bearing.

I'm looking at lifts to do probably in the fall. I was considering the AEV Dualsport but I started looking at the EVO 2.5 setups, there is a $500 jump from stage 2 to 3 and the only difference according to Evo is the rear upper adjustable arms. no other 2.5 inch lift has those so I'm thinking that it is more of a future proofing option than anything else. Long term plan is 37's, not really looking to go beyond there and $500 is a good chunk of change that can be used on other mods.

I Guess the question is, is it worth it to go to Stage 3 for 37's or is Stage 2 enough?
I have the 2.5” AEV DualSport for JL and feel it was a mistake. It is only good for 35s and KO2 “37s” and IF you load the rig up with heavy bumpers, winch, a rack and maybe a tent. The triple rate springs suck if you don’t have that additional weight or you have gone with lighter bumpers; you’ll be riding on the stiffer portion of the springs. If at some point you do go with a true 37 then you’ll have clearance problems. That lift, as they state works with shorter tires and nearly stock backspacing. Last, you have no ability for adjustment, only toe.

Last edited:

Dale72

Hooked
I went ahead and got the 2.5 Enforcer stage 4. But I didn't get it all at once. I split it up. I got stage 1 first, then a month later I got the front arms then the rears a month after the fronts.

sunnysideup

I've been running a stage 2...plus my own added stuff for about 8 months! The quality has been great... very drivable. Does great off road.

Top Bottom