Antigravity

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Does anybody have any firsthand knowledge of these badass batteries? I guess they're from the supercar world. 17lbs crazy
1668066063185.png

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sounds a bit fluffed to me. I’m sure in a race car where every oz of weight matters the battery weight difference would be nice, but for our Jeeps I don’t think it’s needed. A good AGM battery will give you the cranking amps and amp hours you need for any occasion.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Havent heard of that one.. but my buddy did buy a small high output Lithium battery for his Schiada last year.. because he was limited on space.. The price was even more than the one you posted... its a high cost for a size and weight savings. Seems unnecessary for our Jeep needs.

From the description it sounds good to me. I like the claimed extended lifetime. They do not say how well it works with a winch. A fellow with an Australian YouTube channel has been running lithium batteries for a couple of years without problems, including when winching.

Thermal management at low temperatures is an issue with lithium and so the smart ones use some of their charge to stay sufficiently warm.

jeeeep

Hooked
From the description it sounds good to me. I like the claimed extended lifetime. They do not say how well it works with a winch. A fellow with an Australian YouTube channel has been running lithium batteries for a couple of years without problems, including when winching.

Thermal management at low temperatures is an issue with lithium and so the smart ones use some of their charge to stay sufficiently warm.
I wonder how it would hold up to the extra lights, winch, audio, plug in accessories that a Jeep owner has.

Does it work with the standard alternator? I notice it indicates not to use a lead acid battery charger on the side, same with AGM, but what type of charger is required?

specs look good and built-in starter if it dies, the price ... whew! $1k for a battery... lot of other things I would rather buy

Last edited:

Spazbyt

Hooked
The battery it self must have a built in cell balancer and over charge protection but I would think if it did they would be advertising that.

I wonder how it would hold up to the extra lights, winch, audio, plug in accessories that a Jeep owner has.

Does it work with the standard alternator? I notice it indicates not to use a lead acid battery charger on the side, same with AGM, but what type of charger is required?

specs look good and built-in starter if it dies, the price ... whew! $1k for a battery... lot of other things I would rather buy
Lithium maintains almost constant battery voltage whereas lead acid drops voltage during use. Lithium allows using almost all of the stored energy whereas lead acid allows using about half. This is why lithium batteries are so popular in RVs, and for real "overlanding". But lead acid is capable of producing more peak current and is much cheaper.

jeeeep

Hooked
Lithium maintains almost constant battery voltage whereas lead acid drops voltage during use. Lithium allows using almost all of the stored energy whereas lead acid allows using about half. This is why lithium batteries are so popular in RVs, and for real "overlanding". But lead acid is capable of producing more peak current and is much cheaper.
is it really worth the 1k price tag?

Would it provide a winch better performance, based on this info and the specs, I would think it does.

This from Warn https://www.warn.com/winch-battery-basics
  • We strongly recommend not using lithium batteries for winching applications unless installed by a qualified installer. Lithium batteries for winching require additional circuit protection devices to protect the winch and battery.

Last edited:

GP NOIR

Hooked
The Antigravity battery has a circuit that puts it to sleep when the charge drops to a certain level. The battery can be brought back on line with a remote or by pressing a button on the battery. This ensures the battery will have enough charge to crank and start the engine when it starts getting depleted. This will let JL owners start their Jeeps when the Aux battery fails.

Lord60

I watched a video on these just yesterday. They are supposed to have:
1. a 10 year warranty
2. a remote, and on the battery activated self-contained jump starter.
3. weight 33 lbs less than the lead-acid

check the vid here: nope.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom