ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Zero on my 2011, but I do have a pretty good chip right in my line of sight. And maybe 3 others elsewhere. Getting replaced soon.

jdofmemi

Mine is cracked in 4 places, but none I can't live with.
First crack came on the trip home from buying it.

I'm sure it will need replaced soon, but there are bigger issues at the moment, like no engine.

Torrin

It's a Jeep thing! If you have one, you totally understand that replacing windshields on a regular basis is a way of life. I've literally replaced so many on Moby alone that the guys at my local Fast Glass shop in Carson City know me on a first name basis... seriously! Anyway, I was wanting to know how many windshields you've gone through so far. Also, please let us know what year your Jeep is so that it can put things into perspective. Thanks! :crazyeyes:

Windshield count:

Vengeance 1
Marshmallow 1 (plus a big chip in the current windshield)
Old Red 4

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Wow!! I must be lucky, my 08 JKU is still running the original windshield, my '07 JKU I bought with a cracked windshield 3 years ago replaced it with a Gorilla glass windshield ( half price and free install at EJS) and is still perfect. My '21 JT is still original despite watching a rock fly out from under a tire of a Sequoia on the highway doing 75mph. It hit my windshield square in the middle and I couldn't even find a chip.

fiend

Caught the Bug
On number 2 with my 2010 JKU with 90k miles. Guess I’ve been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Replaced 2 on my old 2012 JK and none on my 2008 two door (didn't have it long enough though). Just waiting to see how long it takes once I get my JT here soon. :crazyeyes:

Whitarmy

I saw this thread, thought about the replacements in my JKs and was happy I’ve made it a year on my gladiator. Drive to Lone Star Jeep Invasion yesterday in the gladiator and took a big rock straight at my face from a dump truck. It was only a matter of time.

2008 JKU
2014 JKR
2020 JTR

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
IMG_2169.jpg
63de3042965804e5a121c5879507e224.jpg

f5188d402d0192d026afccb8b9550485.jpg

0abfca0e29a3bddbcafcd7fad3d2e1a2.jpg

ff975885aa35d15916364d7f58e7b2bb.jpg

Well this will be my first replacement. I live on a golf course and I guess my drive way was the perfect spot for a golf ball to land haha.

2009 JKU X

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
No joke, one time I was golfing with a buddy and he sent a drive into the parking lot on the 9th hole, we heard it hit something metal. Found his ball in the parking lot walking to our cars after the round and he had a nice dent on top of his trunk, hit his own damn car haha
Haha yeah exactly I told my wife I’m glad that it was there and not anywhere else on the Jeep. Yeah that I can replace a whole lot easier then a body panel or hood.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

I bought my 2009 JKU used in 2014, with less than 36k miles on it. It was on a lot in Colorado; the pictures online showed a crack in the corner above the VIN; they replaced the windshield and shipped it to Portland. While test driving, it took a direct hit; they replaced it.

That winter, it took multiple hits; the final was a line of site hit that reflected light so bad I couldn't drive at night or towards the sun.

I had a custom banner cut, ordered five because the guy gave me a volume discount. I have one left and a crack across the entire bottom of the windshield.

So I guess I'm about to get the ninth windshield that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom