AEV Rear Bumper

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Looking at my rear bumper, I am thinking I want to upgrade this due to potential body damage. With the 392 I am also looking at gas storage options. I am unsure of the protection provided with the AEV bumper but it looks to address my other desires except it is stupid expensive. Can anyone here comment on how well the AEV protects and how difficult is the install?

THANKS!!!

TonyT

Caught the Bug
AEV makes quality parts using premium materials, if you like it go for it.

I had AEV bumpers for several years on my JK and not once did I ever use the water tanks. The adjustable tire carrier requires adjustment every once in a while as the plastic block up against the gate will wear since the bumper and body are independent of each other. I never did bother getting the AEV gas tank accessory. It's expensive and too involved to get gas out of.

If you just want a solution for carrying more gas and protecting the body, there's a lot of other great options from premium brands. Just be aware that AEV's style is so associated with their brand that if you get anything other than an AEV front bumper it's gonna bother you and all the other AEV fans you come across.

kjchristopher

It fits wonderfully and isn't hard to install at all. Yes, it is expensive.

good video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It fits wonderfully and isn't hard to install at all. Yes, it is expensive.

good video:
Kind of a douche move to link somebody else’s YouTube channel onto this forum, don’t you think? It’s a bit like me coming into to your place of work and holding up some advertising for your competitor.

kjchristopher

Kind of a douche move to link somebody else’s YouTube channel onto this forum, don’t you think? It’s a bit like me coming into to your place of work and holding up some advertising for your competitor.
No, I don't agree. Has Eddie done an install of an AEV rear bumper? Video directly addresses his questions. I guess we can't be helpful here?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here we go…

Thank you for just trying to be helpful. Perhaps you can scour the internet and find every install video that Eddie has NOT done and put a link on Eddie’s forum to that video. Hell, maybe you could just provide direct links to any other forums out there in which someone has answered a similar question to one that has been asked on Eddie’s forum. That would be very helpful. Probably equally helpful, if not more so, would be you grabbing a handful of donkey dicks and stuffing them in your mouth.

jeeeep

Hooked
Looking at my rear bumper, I am thinking I want to upgrade this due to potential body damage. With the 392 I am also looking at gas storage options. I am unsure of the protection provided with the AEV bumper but it looks to address my other desires except it is stupid expensive. Can anyone here comment on how well the AEV protects and how difficult is the install?

THANKS!!!
Can't speak to the bumper but if you're talking about the fuel caddy, I had one my JK.
It has no lock on the cap, I've had asshats remove the cap during a rainstorm, I've had the fuel siphoned out multiple times.

Living in a hot and humid state, during the summer the interior of the caddy sweats and builds up moisture.

Siphoning fuel out with the shaker hose they send sucks; it doesn't get all the fuel out and you'll want to have a place on the outside of the Jeep to store the hose when done. I used the plastic bag it came in and would tuck it inside the backside of the spare tire.

I removed it and it's now sitting in my garage. You're better off with something like rotopax or jerry cans to make refueling your jeep a lot easier.

DaJudge

Any good quality bumper/tire carrier and then a Titan Trail Trekker will give 12 gallons of fuel for much less money.

Top Bottom