AEV Mojave Spacer Lift

n3rdaaron

Just received the shipping notification from FedEx that AEV is sending my parts. Should be here Tuesday. When I ordered they said I should expect them “around 2-3 weeks” and that almost dead accurate.

Update: Parts are here. Box was open, so I had to check that everything was there. Ill update again with before/after pictures, measurements, and any issues.

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Just received the shipping notification from FedEx that AEV is sending my parts. Should be here Tuesday. When I ordered they said I should expect them “around 2-3 weeks” and that almost dead accurate.

Update: Parts are here. Box was open, so I had to check that everything was there. Ill update again with before/after pictures, measurements, and any issues.
Nice dude! Do me a favor and upload a pic with it on the still link wheels and tires? I’m wondering if it will look ridiculous to roll like that for a while

n3rdaaron

Nice dude! Do me a favor and upload a pic with it on the still link wheels and tires? I’m wondering if it will look ridiculous to roll like that for a while
I already have 315s on here, so I wouldn’t be any help on that one.
Night 1 update: clearly me thinking I should be able to get this installed in one night is wrong. 1) super difficult to install the rear spacers without worrying about the pull on the rear brake lines. Might be worth getting extensions and/or pulling the rear calipers.
2) AEV sends replacement bolts for the rear extended sway bar links. Unless I’m losing my mind, what they sent is wrong. Thread is all off. The stock bolts fit, but are too short. I’ll have to get longer ones.
3) the drill bit they want for the rear bump stop spacers isn’t a typical size. I have two full sets of drill bits and a 13/32 isn’t in either. So another thing I’ll have to get tomorrow. Plus frame paint - just cause.
It never ends. Maybe I’ll finish tomorrow.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I mentioned in one of my previous posts I did this on my JL. Getting the nut on the front bump stop spacers was a nightmare too especially on the passenger side. Take a look at that before you go to the store. Maybe try to get a flag nut or a wrench you can bend and sacrifice.

n3rdaaron

Night 2 update. AEV did it again.

I was able to get the rear finished and buttoned up, but when I started looking through the parts for the from end, the two nuts for the lower shock bracket extension were missing. I was able to get the spacers, springs, bump stops installed and all that is left is to put the brackets on and tighten everything back up and go for a drive. Going to try and go at lunch today and get the nuts that are missing.

WiscoHR

I’ve had the AEV Mojave kit on order since April. First was told early May, then late. Then July and still no answer on when it be shipped. I’ve had 37x12.5 and Methods in the garage since April.

n3rdaaron

I’ve had the AEV Mojave kit on order since April. First was told early May, then late. Then July and still no answer on when it be shipped. I’ve had 37x12.5 and Methods in the garage since April.
They told me the only difference between the regular and the Mojave kit are the shock mounts. Which makes sense.
There is a post earlier that the new date is august.

ScoobyCarolanNC

It’s finally finished. Got it put together and put it to use taking things to storage. I’ll have to get it into the shop to check the alignment and straighten the steering.
But here it is: View attachment 365710

315s feel a little small now, but they are going to stay until they’re bald (I hope).
Nice work!! How was getting the front bump stops on? I think the 315s look great! They rubbin at all?

It’s finally finished. Got it put together and put it to use taking things to storage. I’ll have to get it into the shop to check the alignment and straighten the steering.
But here it is: View attachment 365710

315s feel a little small now, but they are going to stay until they’re bald (I hope).
Half tread, then replace and you have something that can still be sold instead of paying a disposal fee.

n3rdaaron

Nice work!! How was getting the front bump stops on? I think the 315s look great! They rubbin at all?
You can run 315s stock with no issue. I did, and just had the dealership recalibrate for them.
The front bump extensions weren’t terrible. I have a set of swivel ratcheting wrenches, and I just stuck that in there.

bliddic

You can run 315s stock with no issue. I did, and just had the dealership recalibrate for them.
The front bump extensions weren’t terrible. I have a set of swivel ratcheting wrenches, and I just stuck that in there.
Are you running wheel spacers?

Tumbes

I have been looking at the AEV 2" spacer kit for a while. They seem to be more available now. I thought the install would be more straightforward but have also heard some folks that have had issues. Right now running 35s (really 34.5 KO2s) with no issues but would like to move up to 37s at some point. This still seems like the best option but would like to hear from people that have had the kit installed for a while.

Top Bottom