AEV Lift

Gnmaniatis

Picking up my 2021 Rubicon. Been looking at lifts and leaning toward the AEV kit. Going to be a ranch vehicle. This particulate vehicle will not see any rock crawling, other than fire trails. Anybody have any feedback pros, cons of this lift? Or is there something better.
Going to run 37’s, and gear down to 4.88.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Picking up my 2021 Rubicon. Been looking at lifts and leaning toward the AEV kit. Going to be a ranch vehicle. This particulate vehicle will not see any rock crawling, other than fire trails. Anybody have any feedback pros, cons of this lift? Or is there something better.

I have not heard any feedback one way or another. But I will say that I'm running Rancho springs on mine (Sport, not Rubicon) in the front and Rancho shocks all the way around and really really like the ride. I'm quite impressed. Mine stays on the pavement for now.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I ran an 4.5” AEV lift for years on my JK and loved it. How much of a lift are you looking for?

Look into Rancho lift kits like WJCO said and EVO as well as the AEV. Having adjustable shocks like the rancho 9000s or 2.5” king adjustables makes dialing in the ride a lot easier.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Gnmaniatis

I ran an 4.5” AEV lift for years on my JK and loved it. How much of a lift are you looking for?

Look into Rancho lift kits like WJCO said and EVO as well as the AEV. Having adjustable shocks like the rancho 9000s or 2.5” king adjustables makes dialing in the ride a lot easier.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Going with the 2.5 lift. Keeping it minimal.
I had the 4.5 lift on my JK and had a great experience. Beat it up pretty bad with trips to Moab, and local trails here in Colorado.

Gnmaniatis

Going with the 2.5 lift. Keeping it minimal.
I had the 4.5 lift on my JK and had a great experience. Beat it up pretty bad with trips to Moab, and local trails here in Colorado.

Going to run 37’s and gearing it to 4.88’s.

desertrunner

The 4dr I bought from brute is a full AEV rig has the 3.5" on it. My 2dr I mix and matched all the lift on my own. I'm not 100% what's on the 2.5 but IMO I have never been a fan of the drop brackets. Sure it keeps it closer to stock geometry but the front control arms hang pretty low. Might not be an issue for your application. It rides much stiffer than my 2dr on evo plush rides but I can load the damn thing up with as much gear as I want and it doesn't sag which is great.
I think my biggest take away from having the AEV lift is it will absolutely get the job done and rides nice BUT it is very expensive for what you are actually getting. Most of the components stay stock with just brackets to relocate them. For some people that's a bonus. I don't think I would buy it starting out personally but since I bought a jeep with it on there I definitely have no reason to change it or complain about it in any way. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

I’m assuming this is for a JT.. if you’re going 37s I’d go with the EVO 2.5 and either evo spec kings or just use shock extensions with the factory fox shocks. The evo lift is easily expandable, plus all of their control arm joints are easily rebuildable. Once you have the parts, you can rebuild an arm in about half an hour or less. Ride quality was actually fairly similar between the kings and stock fox’s, though the fox shocks limit flex and fade quicker. With the 8 speed trans and 4.10 gears, skip the regear to 4.88... I don’t think you’ll need it since your not crawling, and it’s really not smooch of a ratio difference to justify the cost in my opinion. Try it and if you feel like you need more, then regear it. I have no experience with AEV so can’t comment on anything with that. Just my 2 cents.

Gnmaniatis

I’m assuming this is for a JT.. if you’re going 37s I’d go with the EVO 2.5 and either evo spec kings or just use shock extensions with the factory fox shocks. The evo lift is easily expandable, plus all of their control arm joints are easily rebuildable. Once you have the parts, you can rebuild an arm in about half an hour or less. Ride quality was actually fairly similar between the kings and stock fox’s, though the fox shocks limit flex and fade quicker. With the 8 speed trans and 4.10 gears, skip the regear to 4.88... I don’t think you’ll need it since your not crawling, and it’s really not smooch of a ratio difference to justify the cost in my opinion. Try it and if you feel like you need more, then regear it. I have no experience with AEV so can’t comment on anything with that. Just my 2 cents.

Reason for the re gear is due to the face there will be a lot of steep grade driving during the week on some of the Colorado passes (I-70, Rabbit Ears pass etc...) figured might as well get it out of the way while the Jeep is being worked on.

bmkrinne

No experience with the JT but did have the AEV 2.5” with geometry correction brackets and the AEV Bilstein shocks on my JK. I then went with 4” EVO plush ride springs and Rancho 9000’s and removed the geo brackets. In my opinion the AEV suspension handled better due to the geometry correction brackets, but the EVO springs are like pillows. I still have the AEV rear track bar relo bracket and brake extension brackets installed.

Gnmaniatis

Correct. It’s a JT

Gnmaniatis

Picking up the JT Wednesday, and it’s going under the knife in two weeks. Have some other items being added to the build. I’ll take pictures and continue to update.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’ll tell you what, I ran the synergy 2” springs with fox shocks on my JL. I got like 3.5 of lift and the ride was amazing. Nobody and I mean nobody except AEV uses bilstein shocks and there has to be a reason why.

Gnmaniatis

I ran the AEV lift on my jk and didn’t have any problems. The realty is that this vehicle will be driven maybe three months out of the year. It’s going to be used to drive around town when we are up at our mountain home. Now, when I start my JL build, I will be looking at a different setup since this vehicle will be used for the trails, rocks and everyday. Looking at the EVO kit for this one .

thisxguy

I have the stage 4 Evo Enforcer 4.5" lift with King coilovers. Their kit is nice and the coilovers ride very comfortably

Yes they offer Bilsteins also, which are good shocks and local for rebuilds as well.

Gnmaniatis

Attachments

• C6C5BD0D-0B52-42F5-B09E-3A553343D196.jpeg
    C6C5BD0D-0B52-42F5-B09E-3A553343D196.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 28
  • 71D7530D-3AE6-4916-BC8A-E0281409AA6C.jpeg
    71D7530D-3AE6-4916-BC8A-E0281409AA6C.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 527CF215-9FEB-4622-A8B5-A08BEED7851E.jpeg
    527CF215-9FEB-4622-A8B5-A08BEED7851E.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 37E92A54-F410-4D6E-A79F-BDA33FB5A5F2.jpeg