Advice on Rock Rails

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
If it was me I would go for the rock hard patriot. They look like they don't hang down as low as the roam ones. They both look like they are frame mounted so that will be stronger than just the pinch seam.

JJ151

Have you thought about the LOD Signature Series JL Rock Sliders. Frame mount, decent step and reasonably priced. I just ordered mine so I can’t speak from experience yet.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Have you thought about the LOD Signature Series JL Rock Sliders. Frame mount, decent step and reasonably priced. I just ordered mine so I can’t speak from experience yet.
I have the LOD signature series on my JK and they are great!

Ddays

Hooked
I ran the Roam steps/sliders for a couple years before upgrading to the LOD Signatures this Summer. Roam makes a decent product at a nice price.
It just depends what you're gonna do with the Jeep. If you do any hardcore stuff and plan on using the sliders, save yourself some money and go right to the LOD or something similar. The Roam design allows the steps to get pushed into the body much too easily. With the style of bolt-on mount they use they just aren't strong enough - not a bad design, just a fact. That's why I got rid of mine.

Edit: I just checked out the RH Patriots - nice sliders, but you'll have the exact issue with them as you will with the Roams = that design is gonna allow the slider to get jammed into the body fairly easily if you use them or come down hard on them.

Something else - the LOD's are more expensive, but they also weigh double what the Roams did.

jeeeep

Hooked
I keep looking at sliders that will work with long arms but anything stock mounted does seem like it'll push into the body, lesson learned on the JK.

glad the LOD's I posted didn't sell, looks like I'll be learning how to weld

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I ran the Roam steps/sliders for a couple years before upgrading to the LOD Signatures this Summer. Roam makes a decent product at a nice price.
It just depends what you're gonna do with the Jeep. If you do any hardcore stuff and plan on using the sliders, save yourself some money and go right to the LOD or something similar. The Roam design allows the steps to get pushed into the body much too easily. With the style of bolt-on mount they use they just aren't strong enough - not a bad design, just a fact. That's why I got rid of mine.

Edit: I just checked out the RH Patriots - nice sliders, but you'll have the exact issue with them as you will with the Roams = that design is gonna allow the slider to get jammed into the body fairly easily if you use them or come down hard on them.

Something else - the LOD's are more expensive, but they also weigh double what the Roams did.
All you did was try to push me to the roam sliders and here you are making the switch lol

Ddays

Hooked
All you did was try to push me to the roam sliders and here you are making the switch lol
yeah, yeah....

I was really surprised how much heavier the LODs are. The Roam ones are great until you get into really hard hits. That's when I saw the weakness.
Taylor beat the hell out of them :rolleyes:

iRandy

Check out the Rusty's Off Road rock rails. They have the step type and the kicker tube style. Bolt on frame mounted. Oh and in stock.

Top Bottom