ACM Air Compressor Mount Heat Shield NOW AVAILABLE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks great! Nice cheap insurance for most people that are worried about it. Thanks for the production of this Eddie!

Hawk2525

Unfortunately, I use the mounting studs for the windshield washer reservoir on a diesel.
So no workaround at this point? I have a shop that wants to put a compressor under the bed, but then I would loose the spare tire (which I dont want to mount in the bed).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So no workaround at this point? I have a shop that wants to put a compressor under the bed, but then I would loose the spare tire (which I dont want to mount in the bed).
Sorry, not at this time. Space under the hood is very limited on the diesel.

WJCO

Meme King
Couldn't you mount one somewhere along a frame rail (up high enough where rocks won't hit it) ?

CalSgt

Hooked
So airing up on Sunday my compressor crapped out on my fourth tire when it hit about 28 PSI. Average time to air up my 37's from 14 to 30 PSI was 2 minutes 30 seconds each but it was 80 degrees out and with the engine running while airing up I can only assume it got hot and tripped the protection breaker. I hit the switch about 30 minutes later on the highway and it turned on.

Needless to say I decided to order a Heat shield, tried to order a CB bar too but apparently they are out of stock

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So airing up on Sunday my compressor crapped out on my fourth tire when it hit about 28 PSI. Average time to air up my 37's from 14 to 30 PSI was 2 minutes 30 seconds each but it was 80 degrees out and with the engine running while airing up I can only assume it got hot and tripped the protection breaker. I hit the switch about 30 minutes later on the highway and it turned on.

Needless to say I decided to order a Heat shield, tried to order a CB bar too but apparently they are out of stock
Well that sucks. I can't say that I've ever had a problem with mine even airing up 40's in the Nevada desert. Maybe I've just been getting lucky. Either way, the heat shield will help out a lot.

As far as CB BARs go, I am sorry for the delay. There's been a shortage on steel and it's really been jacking me up.

CalSgt

Hooked
Well that sucks. I can't say that I've ever had a problem with mine even airing up 40's in the Nevada desert. Maybe I've just been getting lucky. Either way, the heat shield will help out a lot.

As far as CB BARs go, I am sorry for the delay. There's been a shortage on steel and it's really been jacking me up.
This is the first time I've had it cut out on me like that, I didn't think 10 minutes would have been enough to over heat it. Maybe I have other issues like the air inlet could be dirty making the compressor work harder than it needs to.

Either way I figured the heatshield wouldn't hurt.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is the first time I've had it cut out on me like that, I didn't think 10 minutes would have been enough to over heat it. Maybe I have other issues like the air inlet could be dirty making the compressor work harder than it needs to.

Either way I figured the heatshield wouldn't hurt.
It'll definitely help to have. I'm pretty sure your order is already on its way to you too.

Top Bottom