ACM Air Compressor Mount Heat Shield NOW AVAILABLE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In the 3 years that I have been running an ARB single compressor under the hood of my Jeep JL Wrangler (using the ACM that I make of course) and the 2 years that I've been running it on my JT Gladiator, I can't say that I've EVER had an issue with heat. This in spite of the fact that I wheel out in the Nevada desert and air up 37" and 40" tires. Yes, the compressor is located in the general vicinity of the catalytic converter but in reality, it's positioned on middle to outside of the frame rail and it's attached to the firewall using studs intended to secure the plastic windshield washer reservoir on a diesel. In other words, it doesn't sit nearly as close to the cat as some would like to imagine. With all that said and regardless of me explaining all that time and time again, I still get countless people asking for a heat shield to help protect their ARB compressor. And, if you're one of those people, I'm happy to announce that I will be making and selling exactly what you've been wanting.

Certainly, I would be the first to admit that a heat shield will not hurt anything and if anything, it will provide additional protection from engine and exhaust heat. Any which way you look at it, that's a good thing. As you can see below, the ACM Heat Shield is made out of 18 gauge 5052 aluminum, will be sold by itself and as option with new ACM's and it can even be installed on previously purchased ACM's that are already installed on a Jeep. Please note, the heat shield is shipped flat and you will need to bend it into shape along the perforated lines.

20210408131804-b7df0319-me.jpg

This is a shot of how it is secured to the ACM.

20210408131806-1044a9cf-me.jpg

And finally, here is a shot of what you will be getting.

20210408131802-0ab3cb5f-me.jpg

As you can see, pretty straight forward stuff and an easy add on. I'm hoping to have these in stock and available for sale in a week or two. Please let me know if you have any questions.

To see an installation write-up, click on the following link:

ACM HEAT SHIELD INSTALLATION WRITE-UP

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you like what you see! I should note that I have since added an installation write-up to the first post and you can see it now :)

CalSgt

Hooked
The only issue I've ever had with mine was in 15 degree weather, I thought it was the compressor crapping out but as it turns out the warm air from the engine bay was freezing right at the Schrader valve... Not sure a heat shield would have helped :unsure:;)

I'll be ordering one next time I'm ordering from the forum store, probably when I get a CB Bar but need a CB/race radio first though

RMC2

Caught the Bug
When enough people complain, you might as well give them something that you can then charge them to buy. 🤣

But it looks like a nice solution for some added protection. If only the ACM worked for my twin ARB that has been sitting in a box since I traded in the JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When enough people complain, you might as well give them something that you can then charge them to buy. 🤣

But it looks like a nice solution for some added protection. If only the ACM worked for my twin ARB that has been sitting in a box since I traded in the JK.
LOL - That's what I figure anyway.

Regarding your twin, I tried to see if I could make it work but there is just too little space there to make it work or well anyway. At least, in my opinion.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
LOL - That's what I figure anyway.

Regarding your twin, I tried to see if I could make it work but there is just too little space there to make it work or well anyway. At least, in my opinion.
i have looked at just putting it on the inside of the tailgate, but don’t really want it on the inside.

Life currently has me super busy, I haven’t logged on in forever. I have missed out on tons of info and general entertainment on here.

Top Bottom