ACC BAR : The NEW & Improved WAYALIFE CB BAR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE 11/17/22

PRE-ORDER 11/25/22
The ACC BAR will be available for pre-order on Friday, November 25th.
Projected to ship by the first week of December.
Message me here for WAYALIFE Discount Code.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR PRE-ORDER

ACC BAR TUBE INSTALLED.jpg

ORIGINAL POST FROM OCTOBER 25, 2022

Just so that it's 100% clear, WAYALIFE will not have a display booth at the 2022 SEMA Show. That said, I thought now would be as good a time as any to introduce a new product that I've been working on - the ACC BAR!

It's been about 4 years since I came out with the original WAYALIFE CB BAR and while I do like it a lot as is, there have been improvements that I've been wanting to make and for quite some time now. Specifically, I've been wanting to address the requests I've gotten to provide more mounting holes to accommodate additional radios, devices and gadgets. I've also wanted to raise it up as high as I could, closer to the roof but while still being able to operate the Freedom Top latches. And, not that the current CB BAR weighs a ton, I wanted to see if I could lighten it up a bit if only to help bring down shipping costs.

Anyway, I am still in the testing phase of this new ACC BAR but thought you might want to get sneak peek of what it will look like.

Please note that the ACC BAR is shown in bare steel but that the final product will be finished in a textured black powder coat, just like the original CB BAR.
20221025141252-e3a45de8.jpg

As you can see, this new ACC BAR is no longer a squared tube but rather, is made out of laser cut and bent steel with the top of it open. This allows for the easy installation of multiple devices and anywhere along the length of the bar.
20221025141256-29a0eb91.jpg

Installation is essentially the same only, the hardware for the bar has been beefed up and now comes with bigger carriage bolts and nyloc nuts to make it even easier.
20221025141349-dc9da8af.jpg

Also, the back side of the bar has hole in it so that you can secure your wiring to it in a plastic conduit as shown.
20221025141334-5eba3ca5.jpg

I also made sure to include mounting points for a GearKeeper mic holder on both sides of the radio.
20221025141346-ad6ad9d0.jpg

As you can see here, the ACC BAR now sits on top of the roll bar brackets so that it can sit as high as possible to the roof.
20221025141410-9c343cf9.jpg

Here's a shot to show how the ACC BAR now sits ABOVE the sun visor.
20221025141239-f20dc96e.jpg

Of course, just as before, the ACC BAR is purposefully positioned to allow for complete access to all the Freedom Top clamps.
20221025141242-9b0e1251.jpg

As well as the latches closes to the windshield.
20221025141358-df55cf53.jpg

One feature that I really wanted to incorporate on the ACC BAR was a means to install a Switch Pros switch panel directly on it as well as provide additional universal mounting holes for something like an Auxbeam switch panel. This is why the front face of the ACC BAR is angled downward a bit - to help you access and see the switches.
20221025141237-4d2c70b8.jpg

With the Switch Pros installed, there is literally 1/4" between it and the Freedom Top. Basically, as close to it as I could and without it being a problem.
20221025141421-ec523e1a.jpg

Anyway, if all goes well with testing, I hope to have these available for sale by the middle of November. :cool:

Last edited:
Great improvement!!

Still happy with the og but this would make things easier for sure. I recently snagged one for my dads Jk. If he hasn’t installed it yet I may just order him the new one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great improvement!!

Still happy with the og but this would make things easier for sure. I recently snagged one for my dads Jk. If he hasn’t installed it yet I may just order him the new one.
Thanks! So far, I've been real happy with how much higher up it is. You can really see and feel the difference.

benatc1

Hooked
Nice! I like that, I like the open channel to make it easier to run wires as well as more mounting options. I would def upgrade to that new

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Smart improvements.
Thanks! They're essentially ones that I've been wanting. Moving away from a tube allowed me to do a lot more.
Nice! I like that, I like the open channel to make it easier to run wires as well as more mounting options. I would def upgrade to that new
Thank you. It really does make it a lot easier to run wires and I think, still cleanly. :)

CalSgt

Hooked
Looks rad!... Can I order one install it then demand a full refund? Oh yeah, I'd like you to cover shipping both ways free of charge.

Joking aside a race radio has been on my list for some time, maybe I'll be ready when these are ready to ship.

That’s awesome! I love my CB Bar but I might just love this one a tad more on account of the numerous places to mount shiz, it’s a tad higher and the easier access to wiring. However, one thing I love about the CB Bar is that it’s a great handle to hang on to once in a while. Nice job, Eddie, I like it!

Well done. Cool to see the thought you put into this. Thank you for the pics. Definitely love how high and tight it is and the way that the open channel allows for easy wire routing.

Definitely looks cool as well. Like how the little tabs at each end are bent up so that the brackets sit more flush with the bar. Very clean.

Top Bottom