A Picturesque Fall Colors Trip with PIPPI 2022

Robo

Eddie, now that you've had Pippi for a while, what are your thoughts on the clutch? I have essentially the same setup, 2-door manual JL sport and I can smell my clutch at the weirdest times - like when I'm not shifting and I'm accelerating in 4th gear on the highway. I've had several manual cars before, including an old camaro SS so...I am familiar with the smell of a burning clutch. Anyways, I'm considering an aftermarket clutch, but was curious if you were also. Cheers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, now that you've had Pippi for a while, what are your thoughts on the clutch? I have essentially the same setup, 2-door manual JL sport and I can smell my clutch at the weirdest times - like when I'm not shifting and I'm accelerating in 4th gear on the highway. I've had several manual cars before, including an old camaro SS so...I am familiar with the smell of a burning clutch. Anyways, I'm considering an aftermarket clutch, but was curious if you were also. Cheers.
Honestly... I'm really not a fan of this manual transmission. But, from what I've learned, it may not be the clutch that I don't like so much as how it has to work with the computer. If you do install something else and it helps, I would love to know.

Robo

Honestly... I'm really not a fan of this manual transmission. But, from what I've learned, it may not be the clutch that I don't like so much as how it has to work with the computer. If you do install something else and it helps, I would love to know.

Reviving this old sidebar discussion, I just got an ACT JP5-HDSS clutch installed yesterday. I really like it. It has good feedback, has normal pedal effort, and it got rid of the herky-jerky nature my jeep had at low rpm in first gear. I should have made a change sooner.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Reviving this old sidebar discussion, I just got an ACT JP5-HDSS clutch installed yesterday. I really like it. It has good feedback, has normal pedal effort, and it got rid of the herky-jerky nature my jeep had at low rpm in first gear. I should have made a change sooner.
Awesome! Thanks for posting up and letting us know. May have to consider it myself.

Robo

Awesome! Thanks for posting up and letting us know. May have to consider it myself.
The ACT clutch was just brought to market in the past couple months I think. They posted a lot of videos to youtube, breaking down the internals of the stock clutch as well as going over their design.

Top Bottom