89 days wasn't so long but new Jeep day!

Bluman

20211215_153509.jpg

I picked it up Wednesday, 89 days after I placed the order. Traded in my '18 Camaro 2SS 1LE and the '07 X in the background almost straight for it. 2dr + 6spd manual, back is packed full of half doors, only other options being cold weather group and the electric/tow package. The basic infotainment system is a bit more basic than I expected but I didn't want all of the electronic toys this time around anyway.

I only have about 50 miles on it so far but my first impressions are that I miss my '07 X already. 😅
I'm sure everything will change once I get it off road because, even in high, first gear is so much nicer than the rather tall first in the X. So I'm sure once you mix that with the higher reduction in the transfer case and higher final ratio, I'll be in a good place. Mostly it's that the '07 was a little truck and the '21 drives too much like a car on the road. I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

Otherwise I'm just waiting for the rain to stop so I can put the half doors on! 😁

Bluman

Thanks everyone. Just need bumpers, winch, and compressor and it's off to the off road park.

Nice! Good call on the half doors.
Half doors were every bit as mandatory as the cold weather group.
idk why but I fell out of my chair LOL at that. 🤣

Hopefully tomorrow will be my top down & half doors day... the way weather is around here, the next one will probably be April.

WTF! 2 doors! Where are you going to put the baby?

If you put the baby in the back seat she may become a projectile if the half doors are installed.

bmkrinne

Congrats! My local Jeep dealer doesn’t have a single wrangler or gladiator on the lot. I’d like to drive a new 2 door JL but no dice!

Bluman

Congrats! My local Jeep dealer doesn’t have a single wrangler or gladiator on the lot. I’d like to drive a new 2 door JL but no dice!
I wound up ordering w/o even sitting in a JL first. I figured that if I didn't like it I could sell it off at a profit given this silly market.

Bluman

I was told it didn't count but we did some sliding around in the mud and checked out the flex on the gravel pile. 🤣
The Rubicon's crawl ratio is night and day better than my '07 Sport's. I played around with starting and stopping partway up the pile and just had a ball being childish for a while. I was told 'no' and my spotter walked away when I wanted to park the front tires on the crest. 😭

20211219_152157.jpg

20211219_152144.jpg

Not exactly a tough obstacle but I almost proved too old to jump back up in the driver's seat after parking it there. 😅
(Also, the gravel was much softer than I expected after sitting there for two months.)

Top Bottom