6.4-liter V-8 JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 - How much would you be willing to spend?

RCC

I assume that gets you both the 6.4L Hemi and the 8HP75 transmission? Do you have to change the Tcase too?

Yes it’s the motor/trans/swap kit.

Factory transfer case remains.

Edit- I would like to add that I am swapping my 4:1 TC for 2.72:1 TC when the 6.4 goes in.

Last edited:

JimLee

Hooked
Yes it’s the motor/trans/swap kit.

Factory transfer case remains.

Edit- I would like to add that I am swapping my 4:1 TC for 2.72:1 TC when the 6.4 goes in.
You already have a donor? I've been thinking about swapping out my 2.72:1 for a 4:1 when I install my 60's.

JimLee

Hooked
Im getting credit against my swap for the 4:1 I have now.
Right on, had to try, there isn't a big market for the 2:72:1 TC's. Looking forward to seeing how your powertrain swap goes, you going AMW or another shop?

RCC

Right on, had to try, there isn't a big market for the 2:72:1 TC's. Looking forward to seeing how your powertrain swap goes, you going AMW or another shop?

Exodus 4x4 is doing my swap. Bubba has been very good to me throughout my build.

Yep, I already have the gladiator, and honestly it has enough power for crawling and trail riding. The problem is we drive it where ever we take it and trying to 75-80 on the freeway really really sucks.
Try driving on smaller roads where the speed limit is 55. 😃

My 2-door JL with the 2 liter turbo does not seem to have any problem on the highway except for too much road noise.

RCC

Try driving on smaller roads where the speed limit is 55. 😃

My 2-door JL with the 2 liter turbo does not seem to have any problem on the highway except for too much road noise.

Im on 40's and 1 tons, anything above 60 sucks IMHO.

Im curious as to what Eddie thinks now that he is on 42's.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thr markup is the new normal for the automotive market on anything that’s even remotely hard to get. I think $5k over msrp is reasonable right now. I got MSRP for a few cars I traded in over the last two months with over 15k miles on the clock. They were subsequently sold by those dealers for $10-15k over msrp used. Some higher end cars are getting $50-$150L over msrp and they aren’t even exotics. It’s crazy out there and looks to continue until a recession kicks in.

The JLUR 392 builds I’ve put together online come in at $85-87k. So long that I order (instead of buying out of inventory on an abandoned order) my dealer will give me a little under msrp. That said, if it’s anything like the TRX i ordered, its 6 month wait. A low option JLUR is $54k. A swap is $30-35k and will have 505hp instead of 470. It’s more or less a wash but the OEM 392 will have better resale down the road Bud I’m not sure how much resale is truly impacted if you look at the builds actually selling on bringatrailer and eBay. With mopar computers, it’s plug and play. these swaps take a week. I say just do a swap

WJCO

Meme King
Thr markup is the new normal for the automotive market on anything that’s even remotely hard to get. I think $5k over msrp is reasonable right now. I got MSRP for a few cars I traded in over the last two months with over 15k miles on the clock. They were subsequently sold by those dealers for $10-15k over msrp used. Some higher end cars are getting $50-$150L over msrp and they aren’t even exotics. It’s crazy out there and looks to continue until a recession kicks in.

The JLUR 392 builds I’ve put together online come in at $85-87k. So long that I order (instead of buying out of inventory on an abandoned order) my dealer will give me a little under msrp. That said, if it’s anything like the TRX i ordered, its 6 month wait. A low option JLUR is $54k. A swap is $30-35k and will have 505hp instead of 470. It’s more or less a wash but the OEM 392 will have better resale down the road Bud I’m not sure how much resale is truly impacted if you look at the builds actually selling on bringatrailer and eBay. With mopar computers, it’s plug and play. these swaps take a week. I say just do a swap
Let's Go Brandon.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

That 505 vs 470 is pretty much same in reality. OEM uses SAE corrected values etc. Aftermarket uses whatever gets them biggest number. Having driven both a lot they feel same.

Top Bottom