392 Sarge

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
After moving out of California to get more garage space, I ordered a 392 from our local dealer. Sarge wasn’t my first color choice at the time but it worked out great and took about 6 months for delivery.

Stock, it’s super comfortable and easy to drive around town. It does okay in snow and ice. I wanted to keep that vs our JK.

What I ended up with was Fox 3” DSC bypass shocks and Fox air bumps. All of the shocks were wrapped in 3M ppf to try and help prevent winters wear. To lift the Jeep, we went with a EVO MFG 3” HD GAS coil kit. That made room for a set of Nitto 38” Ridge Grapplers wrapping a set of Innov8 G600 beadlocks anodized to match the Jeep 392 badging. We had the wheels ceramic coated before being mounted. From Innov8 we got their CNC’d beadlock rings mounted with ARP 12pt stainless bolts and matching center hub caps.

In keeping with the theme, I personally like the mopar metal bumper so we kept it. Only because the CTIs’ offset doesn’t fit, we threw a Warn 10S in there. To give a bit of extra light on dark snowy nights, a set of Baja designs LP6 ambers went on the front.

All work was done by Adam at Denton Racing in Scottsdale, AZ. It took Fox almost 12 months to deliver on the shocks and we’re still waiting on their steering stabilizer. We need to get the tazr programmed and in but we’re not messing around with too many settings.

Accessories will stay pretty light on this one. I have a 10lb Powertank, ARB Jack and Speed Race Case to keep in it.

We’ll get it all a bit more cleaned up and get some glamour shots done, but for now here are a couple of iPhone pics.

Attachments

• C356F24A-5E95-4078-A7F5-3C23108F5A17.jpeg
    C356F24A-5E95-4078-A7F5-3C23108F5A17.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 64
  • F3CB1F2A-E6C9-4CA1-B890-9EB07D7DA199.jpeg
    F3CB1F2A-E6C9-4CA1-B890-9EB07D7DA199.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 62

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your 392 and I think it looks outstanding!! Love what you've done to it so far and like how you're keeping it looking stockish or at least, in terms of the bumpers and choice of wheels. (y)

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Congratulations on your 392 and I think it looks outstanding!! Love what you've done to it so far and like how you're keeping it looking stockish or at least, in terms of the bumpers and choice of wheels. (y)
Thanks! Pretty sweet grocery / ski hill getter. Hopefully we’ll get some time to get out and explore this summer.

After moving out of California to get more garage space, I ordered a 392 from our local dealer. Sarge wasn’t my first color choice at the time but it worked out great and took about 6 months for delivery.

Stock, it’s super comfortable and easy to drive around town. It does okay in snow and ice. I wanted to keep that vs our JK.

What I ended up with was Fox 3” DSC bypass shocks and Fox air bumps. All of the shocks were wrapped in 3M ppf to try and help prevent winters wear. To lift the Jeep, we went with a EVO MFG 3” HD GAS coil kit. That made room for a set of Nitto 38” Ridge Grapplers wrapping a set of Innov8 G600 beadlocks anodized to match the Jeep 392 badging. We had the wheels ceramic coated before being mounted. From Innov8 we got their CNC’d beadlock rings mounted with ARP 12pt stainless bolts and matching center hub caps.

In keeping with the theme, I personally like the mopar metal bumper so we kept it. Only because the CTIs’ offset doesn’t fit, we threw a Warn 10S in there. To give a bit of extra light on dark snowy nights, a set of Baja designs LP6 ambers went on the front.

All work was done by Adam at Denton Racing in Scottsdale, AZ. It took Fox almost 12 months to deliver on the shocks and we’re still waiting on their steering stabilizer. We need to get the tazr programmed and in but we’re not messing around with too many settings.

Accessories will stay pretty light on this one. I have a 10lb Powertank, ARB Jack and Speed Race Case to keep in it.

We’ll get it all a bit more cleaned up and get some glamour shots done, but for now here are a couple of iPhone pics.

I really like Sarge. Looks great, man.

Top Bottom