392 problems

Was the Jeep still there?
Lol yes it was with no extra miles. I had the dealer put the new alternator in and still wouldn’t start. The computer said low voltage fault to the computer. They tried to tell me I needed new computer but I said no the ground cable is loose. They wouldn’t check it so I climbed under the jeep and found it myself. It was completely loose and burned some threads off the bolt. I added a couple washers to the bolt, put the ground wire back on it fired right up and no more fault. The dealership was shocked.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHECK THE GROUND WIRE ON THE FRAME RIGHT BEHIND THE PASSANGER FRONT TIRE. THERE ARE 2 SIDE BY SIDE AND THEY WERE BOTH LOOSE. it’s right where the inner fender line stops on the frame.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Lol yes it was with no extra miles. I had the dealer put the new alternator in and still wouldn’t start. The computer said low voltage fault to the computer. They tried to tell me I needed new computer but I said no the ground cable is loose. They wouldn’t check it so I climbed under the jeep and found it myself. It was completely loose and burned some threads off the bolt. I added a couple washers to the bolt, put the ground wire back on it fired right up and no more fault. The dealership was shocked.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHECK THE GROUND WIRE ON THE FRAME RIGHT BEHIND THE PASSANGER FRONT TIRE. THERE ARE 2 SIDE BY SIDE AND THEY WERE BOTH LOOSE. it’s right where the inner fender line stops on the frame.

You need to bill them for your labor and expertise! 🤣😂

Thanks for posting this up.

Have a safe trip back!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

What in the actual fuck! It just amazes me how incompetent dealerships can be. Glad you found the problem YOURSELF and got it fixed! Geezlouise!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I have ran into the same issue with some GM trucks recently. Is the a secondary ground cable that runs off the battery that goes from the firewall to the frame and the nut come loose causing power steering, trans, and charging codes. It’s in the passenger wheel well also.

jeeeep

Hooked
The threads on the bolt were gone to where I couldn’t tighten it down so I added a few washers to take up the extra space and now it starts perfect.
threads gone from shorting or stripped on the assembly line?
Glad you got it going and more important, that the Jeep was still there all in one piece!

What in the actual fuck! It just amazes me how incompetent dealerships can be. Glad you found the problem YOURSELF and got it fixed! Geezlouise!
Ya I’m glad it’s fixed. Dealer will have to replace the bolt as it’s welded on the frame. They also broke the clip on top of the starter that will need to be fixed. I should be able to make the new years run now though lol.

Well I just made it home. Talked to the dealer in Elk Grove and I’m taking it there on Wednesday and they are gonna fix all the issues that the dealer in cabo made. Jeep wave told me to submit all my receipts for travel and alternator and they would reimburse me so that’s good. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a fight with them.

Well I just made it home. Talked to the dealer in Elk Grove and I’m taking it there on Wednesday and they are gonna fix all the issues that the dealer in cabo made. Jeep wave told me to submit all my receipts for travel and alternator and they would reimburse me so that’s good. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a fight with them.
Awesome! Welcome home!

JimLee

Hooked
Here's a pic of those grounds for anyone who is interested. The 392 and Rubicons have two ground cables to the frame (I think the second may be for aux switches actually), the shitbox edition only has one (but 2 studs), not sure about the Sahara. If I remember correctly from routing some cables you can flex the factory liner out and get your arm up in there if you want to check them.

Attachments

• 20221223_081125.jpg
    20221223_081125.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom