38X12.50R17 NITTO Ridge Grapplers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thoughts on running these 38's on a stock set of Rubicon JL axles? Already on 37's but, well you know...
I'm doing it. Well, at least on the rear and that would be the weak link. Up front, I do have a PR44 but I wouldn't hesitate to run them on a factory front axle.

Ddays

Hooked
I'm doing it. Well, at least on the rear and that would be the weak link. Up front, I do have a PR44 but I wouldn't hesitate to run them on a factory front axle.
Thanks for the reply. I've run both the TG's and RG's now and really like both. Really dig the looks of the TG's tho - just seems to be a classic Jeep tire. Tough choice. When current set wears out I'll have to decide

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I've run both the TG's and RG's now and really like both. Really dig the looks of the TG's tho - just seems to be a classic Jeep tire. Tough choice. When current set wears out I'll have to decide
Yup, I've always been a Trail Grappler kind of guy and obviously, it's what we're running on all our play Jeeps. But, I have always wanted to test out the Ridge Grapplers especially after seeing Mel from EVO and Dave from Synergy do wonders with them.

benatc1

Hooked
I am curious if they weigh less than a 37x12.5 that is D2 rated, which according to their website is 81.5lbs. Can't seem to find these anywhere just yet but will contact DT here on the forum to see what can be done, and price.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am curious if they weigh less than a 37x12.5 that is D2 rated, which according to their website is 81.5lbs. Can't seem to find these anywhere just yet but will contact DT here on the forum to see what can be done, and price.
You may just find your answer in our upcoming video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Had a feeling something was in the works being you didn't just tell us! Lol
LOL - and, if I don't answer your question in our video or if you have others, let me know and I can probably figure it out with what I've got laying around. :)

JasonBergquist

LOL - I thought the name sounded familiar.

So, for me personally, I prefer a 20" wheel with a 40" and would definitely want one with a 42" or bigger. Also, with a tire that big, I personally prefer a WIDER tire and one of my favorite setups on Moby was a 40x15.50R20. I should note that if you're still running the high pinion ProRock 60 rear axle that came on Rubicat, I would highly recommend replacing it with a low pinion.
Funny that you say that. I’ve blown out the rear ring and pinion twice in less than a year. And I was told the same thing that the low opinion is stronger. What was the reasoning behind the high pinion in the first place? Was it just for more clearance or just what DynaTrac it at the time?

Top Bottom