37" spare

ScoobyCarolanNC

Morning y'all! I'm gonna get in big trouble from my wife but I'm moving up to 37s (thanks @benatc1 for proving the Mojave doesn't really need a lift). What did y'all do for a spare? I'm thinking I won't shovel tons of money into it and just get a ProComp to mount on a cheap steel wheel. I did already get a Synergy rear track bar so its bent to fit around a 38 in back. Anything else I should think of?

benatc1

Hooked
I put mine in the factory spot, it barely snugs in there at 10psi, granted I have a compressor to blow it up if needed, but you can make it work. Track bar is the only thing that concerns me but you have that covered. Factory clears but it’s close. my 37x12.5 ridge grapplers measure over 36.5 so depending on your tire it may fit better. I think others may have removed the Heat shields, I haven’t yet but that would provide a bit more room. It doesn’t hand down terribly far after I switched to the 12.5 width. I’ll snag a couple photos today

WJCO

Meme King
I put mine in the factory spot, it barely snugs in there at 10psi, granted I have a compressor to blow it up if needed, but you can make it work. Track bar is the only thing that concerns me but you have that covered. Factory clears but it’s close. my 37x12.5 ridge grapplers measure over 36.5 so depending on your tire it may fit better. I think others may have removed the Heat shields, I haven’t yet but that would provide a bit more room. It doesn’t hand down terribly far after I switched to the 12.5 width. I’ll snag a couple photos today
I'd be interested in seeing this as well. Thank you.

CalSgt

Hooked
I was going to post an Amazon link to the Milestar AT's I got for my off road trailer, they were about $150 each. I don't think I would have ran them for primary tires but they are sufficient for a spare. But when I just looked them up again they are $280 each which I think is too much for a china tire.

This aluminum procomp wheel was cheaper than steel wheels when I was shopping for my off road trailer, its a 4.75" BS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TUTB40/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Scour craigslist for a used 37 maybe

benatc1

Hooked
Ok finally got some pics, think it’ll fit a lot better without heat Sheilds, I’ll probably remove those. Mine almost looked like it shifted a bit so without the heat shield I think I can wedge it in better. Forgot to take a pic of track bar but there is about an inch of clearance. Planning on a synergy rear track bar in the future. I dragged me hitch a few tiles on the NY run but I don’t think I ever hit the tire.

Attachments

• 884A159A-0449-4375-AF98-9D12E8EE7902.jpeg
    884A159A-0449-4375-AF98-9D12E8EE7902.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 7B5A82B1-8C4E-4C27-8026-CDE0F9AA74EB.jpeg
    7B5A82B1-8C4E-4C27-8026-CDE0F9AA74EB.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 51EC9471-5132-4E88-8741-8B290F07BFA6.jpeg
    51EC9471-5132-4E88-8741-8B290F07BFA6.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 51F45928-A90F-4D0B-9EA6-4E5F50A53FDF.jpeg
    51F45928-A90F-4D0B-9EA6-4E5F50A53FDF.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 35
  • FFA97433-F740-447D-8150-694F9FADC7E9.jpeg
    FFA97433-F740-447D-8150-694F9FADC7E9.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 6B0A1FF7-95A5-490D-BA3E-3E1D83583021.jpeg
    6B0A1FF7-95A5-490D-BA3E-3E1D83583021.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 39

FFPulley77

Hooked
Ok finally got some pics, think it’ll fit a lot better without heat Sheilds, I’ll probably remove those. Mine almost looked like it shifted a bit so without the heat shield I think I can wedge it in better. Forgot to take a pic of track bar but there is about an inch of clearance. Planning on a synergy rear track bar in the future. I dragged me hitch a few tiles on the NY run but I don’t think I ever hit the tire.
Those taillights look pretty cool. And I love that topper. If I ever decide on ordering the Gladiator that my wife OK’d, I’ll be putting one of those on it.
I showed her your build thread and I think that’s what convinced her that selling the 2 door and getting a JT is a good idea!

benatc1

Hooked
Those taillights look pretty cool. And I love that topper. If I ever decide on ordering the Gladiator that my wife OK’d, I’ll be putting one of those on it.
I showed her your build thread and I think that’s what convinced her that selling the 2 door and getting a JT is a good idea!
Awesome! I’m loving the topper, it totally expands the usage of the gladiator. Those are the Oracle taillights, they’ve been good for me. I like how low profile they are. If I had factory leds I probably wouldn’t have switched, but being I wanted led I figured I’d try these out. Glad my build could help you guys out! Look fwd to seeing what you guys get

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for taking the pics. On the passenger side frame rail, is the tire sitting underneath of it?

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for taking the pics. On the passenger side frame rail, is the tire sitting underneath of it?
It’s kinda wedged, looking at it when I did it either shifted or in didn’t get it all the way up after my tire rotation, after looking at it, I think I can get it all the way in and up a touch higher by removing the heat Shield. But i thought I had it just inside the frame . I’m going to mess with it tomorrow and see what I can do.

Last edited:

sunnysideup

I have a 37 under mine... it is a tight fit.
I recently bought a 1/4 inch think 17 inch alum. disk... I'm building a skid for the inside of the rim... I will post pics when the parts come in...
I had the unfortunate experience of having a large rock slide perfectly inside the hole while coming off a mud ledge last year. A couple hours of digging to get out. I imagine if it happened when the truck was on rocks you could stack rocks or jack it up to clear it, but on a sloping mud ledge it was not fun, it held the rear tires up from touching the ground. I would like to think it would never happen to me again...lol I don't know if it has happened to others? But I hope to remedy the issue...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I was looking at one of these hitch mounted ones but idk how they handle bouncing around off road. Sticks out kinda far too. Nice thing about it though is I wouldn’t need to haul it around everyday.
859A8CBF-DDCD-4650-B0D0-BF20C36E6B27.jpeg

Top Bottom