20th Anniversary Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - ONLY 4000 Will be Made

Everyone here honestly expected something better? If so, what did you want to see? You’ve all seen what they’ve done in the past. This crushes everything up to this point they have ever put out.

DaJudge

Special edition $110000.00 Jeeps are pointless. They are only for collectors, not the vast majority of us. I don't think it is unreasonable for us to want some improvements we can actually obtain.

Special edition $110000.00 Jeeps are pointless. They are only for collectors, not the vast majority of us. I don't think it is unreasonable for us to want some improvements we can actually obtain.
Pointless? Welp. Good thing They offer a dozen or so different wrangler configurations for the vast majority.

Everyone here honestly expected something better? If so, what did you want to see? You’ve all seen what they’ve done in the past. This crushes everything up to this point they have ever put out.

I would agree with this. For a factory jeep, these are pretty loaded.
Is it what I would buy? Absolutely not.
Are they the most equipped factory Jeeps you can buy? Looks like it to me.

That said, can someone explain why there are no factory UD60 options? Can’t meet weight / safety regs maybe?

Slaphitter

Generally, stuff in the top-end vehicles ends up trickling down as options in the “regular” cars eventually (for better or worse, if you don’t like the grill). Right? every brand does it that way. Not a lot of groundbreaking stuff in these special editions, but for example I bet the onboard air becomes a very common option very quickly.

DaJudge

Generally, stuff in the top-end vehicles ends up trickling down as options in the “regular” cars eventually (for better or worse, if you don’t like the grill). Right? every brand does it that way. Not a lot of groundbreaking stuff in these special editions, but for example I bet the onboard air becomes a very common option very quickly.
That is true, but in this case they made such a big deal out of something that very few can obtain (or even want). With all of the lead up hype I was disappointed to say the least!

That is true, but in this case they made such a big deal out of something that very few can obtain (or even want). With all of the lead up hype I was disappointed to say the least!
What are you talking about? It’s only like 2 grand more. lol

You do realize an equally equipped 392 is ~88 thousand dollars right?

Onboard air is not a novel thought yet it has not been provided as an option by almost every vehicle manufacturer for many tens of years. On Jeep Wrangler there is no convenient location to even install an aftermarket compressor. You assumption does not make any sense at all!

Basic stuff has always been missing from the Wrangler. For example, why is it not pre-wired from the factory to support CB or GMRS radio? Why are proper tie-down points not provided as standard? Why is there no provision to support mounting a roof-top tent or a rack? Why is it so difficult to mount additional lights on the outside of the Jeep?

But a stupid system which supports calling for help (provided that there is a strong 4G cell signal, and the Jeep does not have one of many very common malfunctions such as a dead battery) by pressing a button above the windshield is included in many models so they can milk stupid people's credit cards.

DaJudge

What are you talking about? It’s only like 2 grand more. lol

You do realize an equally equipped 392 is ~88 thousand dollars right?
Yes, and I have exactly ZERO interest in a 392. And it isn't the money that was disappointing, it was all the hype and build up for seats and onboard air. It's like a mid seventies "muscle" car; stripes and swivel buckets didn't make them any good. They were still heavy, slow, and drove like a bus.

Top Bottom