2016 SEMA : Carrichs

jms632

Just ordered this today. Dealer said it should ship on feb 10th so we shall see. It was $139.99 though not sure where the $99 price tag went.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Where did you order it from? Totally forgot about this and now I kinda want one since I finally have a new ipad mini.

jms632

If you go to their website you can find a local dealer close to you to order it from. I don't want to post the the company as they are not a vendor of this forum. Carrichs is really losing out on sales by not offering their products directly to consumers. The dealer network they have is just small outfits. Took me forever to track a dealer down close to me that actually knew what I was talking about. Someone here should apply for a dealer agreement with them. They could corner the market easily on this product by simply offering it for purchase online. Anyways it may be junk and not worth it but I'm sure hopeing it turns out good. I'll do a comprehensive review once it arrives.

tippedover

This looks sweet! Has anyone tried it out or have experience with the iPad mini on the dash?
I ask cause I wonder can u still listen to Sat radio and normal radio, like control the stations throu the mini. I understand the Bluetooth hook up and ik they sell a adapter that u can hook in to the back of the stereo but what about all the little things

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
This looks sweet! Has anyone tried it out or have experience with the iPad mini on the dash?
I ask cause I wonder can u still listen to Sat radio and normal radio, like control the stations throu the mini. I understand the Bluetooth hook up and ik they sell a adapter that u can hook in to the back of the stereo but what about all the little things

I miss satellite radio! I have it, but it doesn't work here in the island. [emoji267]

jms632

Technically you still have all the normal radio functions satellite fm and even cd however the iPad will cover the factory stereo so u will either have to remove the iPad to gain access to the controls or use your steering wheel controls which is what I plan to do. I listen to my iPhone via Bluetooth 99% of the time so I just plan on streaming my Apple Music from my iPad and use the steering wheel controls to increase volume and change tracks and play and pause. You can control the source via the steering wheel controls so technically you can accomplish everything from the steering wheel. Now you could download the xm radio app on the iPad and stream satellite music via cellular data which I know is redundant but at least you would have the song information displayed on the iPad and it will work in heavily wooded areas without interruptions.

jms632

Here's the box opening and install video I did. So far I'm happy with it. Not a lot of work or money and the look is decent and having the iPad as a head unit is awesome.

WJCO

Meme King

Here's the box opening and install video I did. So far I'm happy with it. Not a lot of work or money and the look is decent and having the iPad as a head unit is awesome.

Sure does look clean. Thanks for sharing.

jms632

What the heck... wish I would've gotten hold of that salesman. Best someone could do for me is look up the closest dealer to my zip code [emoji36]

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have a non-cellular capable iPad mini. I guess I'm struggling to figure out what I would run on the display? I mean it would work for streaming music loaded on the iPad. But no pandora or spotify. Maps won't work without a data plan. Are you bluetooth all audio to the factory headunit, or is the usb plugged in?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I have a non-cellular capable iPad mini. I guess I'm struggling to figure out what I would run on the display? I mean it would work for streaming music loaded on the iPad. But no pandora or spotify. Maps won't work without a data plan. Are you bluetooth all audio to the factory headunit, or is the usb plugged in?

I plan on getting one and using my iPad Mini that has wifi and bluetooth only by tethering it to my iPhone for LTE data. There are some offline maps you can download as well.

Looks like it'll work fine for what I want. I did see that Carrich now has it on their website with the option to buy it directly from them. It does list for $139.99 so they definitely missed that $90 target.

https://www.carrichs.com/product/tdk616/

Last edited:
Top Bottom