2014 JKUR with 24R package

DESERTDAD

Hey guys
So I bought my 2014 JKUR 2 months ago and was very specific with the dealer that I wanted the 4:10 Gears
and the salesman said yes that's correct for the Rubicon which in my research I assumed was correct.
I took it to get my new tires/wheels and the guy say's I have 3:73 Gears?? Really??
Did I miss something? My window sticker says it is a 24R package but nothing else.
I have done a little digging on WOL but can't seem to find anything on it.
I want to go to the dealer and complain but want to know if I am missing something(Other then the right gears)?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Hey guys
So I bought my 2014 JKUR 2 months ago and was very specific with the dealer that I wanted the 4:10 Gears
and the salesman said yes that's correct for the Rubicon which in my research I assumed was correct.
I took it to get my new tires/wheels and the guy say's I have 3:73 Gears?? Really??
Did I miss something? My window sticker says it is a 24R package but nothing else.
I want to go to the dealer and complain but want to know if I am missing something(Other then the right gears)?

If it's an auto, it has 3.73 unless you upgrade specifically to 4.1. I ran into the same thing, but honestly I don't really care because 4.1 or 3.73 alike, I'll be moving to something else in the 5.x range when I go up to at least 37" tires.

I have the 24J package and it says right on my window sticker 3.73 axle ratio. If it doesn't say 4.10 on the sticker, it's going to be 3.73.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yep, what he said above! If it doesn't show it as an option (around $495) it doesn't have it. My salesman tried to tell me the same thing, he said all Rubicons have 4.10s, I said yes they used to but not anymore it's an option. Then he went and confirmed that I was correct. Sorry that happened to you.

It must say it in the options list to have it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

foley0416

Email jeep as well and get your build sheet. I did the same thing before driving to the dealership, had them verify and show me a build sheet when I got there. Sorry it happened, might be able to do something if you have proof they told you wrong, but not sure.

bkac

Caught the Bug
It sucks that most of the time us Jeep lovers know more about the vehicles then the sales people do. Go figure...
Now it's your word against his!

trailless

Caught the Bug
I didn't really research gearing and didn't think about it when buying the Jeep. I got the Rubicon with max tow and still got the 3.73 gears...

Ad previously mentioned, you have to purchase the 4.10 upgrade. Is it listed in your window sticker?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yeah, a lot of salesman and buyers are under the assumption that it's included with the "tow package" but that's still not the case. It's an option all on it's own and only available on the Rubicon. Like I said before I think it's a $495 option and it will state it under the options on the build sheet if it has it!

DESERTDAD

Thanks Everyone
It is definitely my word versus his but I am going to send a E-mail to the sales manager and see what he say's.:beer:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would go back to your salesman first and ask him the same question and see what his response is then go from there with his manager. If you send them an email it will give them time to make up some BS answer. Prove that he was telling you wrong then make your case while it's fresh on his mind.

The dealer look into changing the gears for me when they didn't have one with 4.10s in stock and it was going to be around $4000. I just laughed. Maybe you could get them to pay a local shop or just the cash, shouldn't be any more than $1500 for the gear change.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys

4.10 gears were no longer available as standard equipment as of June 3, 2013. It's not even included the tow package anymore, it has to be ordered as an option.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Let us know the outcome! Good luck.

Jeeper4x4

I have a similar issue with my 14 JKU, I thought I got 3.73 standard and ahhmmm, no! 3.21 on a Sport WITH tow... :-(

brandonrlynch

Same thing happened to me....

Ordered my 2015 in May and was assured by the dealer that 4.1 was standard on Rubicon. Upon receipt I noticed on window sticker that 3.73 was on there. Dealer apologized and offered to order them for me and have them installed....mind you he wanted retail price for parts and installation costs...over $1200. I pointed out that the factory option was only $495, and that it was his mistake. Hell no was I going to pay all that. So after almost walking away from the Jeep I'd waited moths for, the dealer convinced the owner to order the gears and install at no cost to me.

I guess I got lucky but stick to your guns if they made the mistake. Hoblit Jeep in Woodland CA definately came thru on customer service....good luck!

Top Bottom