2013 JK Sport upgraded front axle

I'm thinking of upgrading my front axle with with a Dana 44 assembly with 4.56 gears. I currently run 285 (33") tires and wanted to do some harder trails. Cost would be around $5,000. I would still retain the sport transfer case with 3.72 gears and was wondering for the cost is it worth doing to run a few harder trails? And how much does my transfer case limit me?

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm thinking of upgrading my front axle with with a Dana 44 assembly with 4.56 gears. I currently run 285 (33") tires and wanted to do some harder trails. Cost would be around $5,000. I would still retain the sport transfer case with 3.72 gears and was wondering for the cost is it worth doing to run a few harder trails? And how much does my transfer case limit me?
For 5k I'd save up a bit more and go with a PR44 or Fusion or some other proven aftermarket 44 front axle assembly. If you don't plan on going larger than 33's I'd just stick with what you have. Maybe a regear to 4:56's. Throw a LSD or lock the rear and call it a day.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I wouldn’t worry about the transfer case. It’s really not going to limit you much.

im not sure about dropping $5k on a Dana 44 for the front. It really isn’t much of an improvement over the Dana 30. For a few bucks more, you can get a built ProRock 44. Consider something like the Dynatrac trail leader package, which gives you a built ProRock front, and a locker and chromoly axle shafts for the rear.

jesse3638

Hooked
I wouldn’t worry about the transfer case. It’s really not going to limit you much.

im not sure about dropping $5k on a Dana 44 for the front. It really isn’t much of an improvement over the Dana 30. For a few bucks more, you can get a built ProRock 44. Consider something like the Dynatrac trail leader package, which gives you a built ProRock front, and a locker and chromoly axle shafts for the rear.
Forgot about the trail leader package considering he doesn't have a Rubi. That's what I'd do with $5k

The BAD Influence

Contact Carbon, they built their version of Trail leader for me. Granted, the front axle isn't the exact size of the pro rock, and there was a promotion from ARB, so I got the compressor for free, but the entire package was about $1200 less than Dynatrac.

Top Bottom