2012 SEMA Mopar Sand Trooper Concept 4-Door Jeep JK Wrangler

FuriousDz

So other than the ground clearance at the differential how do portals affect articulation and an overall build for crawling?

If you're getting 5 inches of lift without touching the coils and wanted to run coilovers would you just install a set of coilovers equivalent to whatever ride height of stock coils?
Does it affect up/down travel differently than regular axles?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So other than the ground clearance at the differential how do portals affect articulation and an overall build for crawling?

you will still be limited to stock wheel travel/articulation.

If you're getting 5 inches of lift without touching the coils and wanted to run coilovers would you just install a set of coilovers equivalent to whatever ride height of stock coils?

you would have to unless you did some serious modifications to allow for taller coil overs or made your jeep sit sky high.

Does it affect up/down travel differently than regular axles?

the axles? no.

portals are cool and all but, they still don't have the speed sensors figured out and if it were me, i'd still take a prorock 60 with big coil over flex any day of the week. but, that's just me.

FuriousDz

you will still be limited to stock wheel travel/articulation.

you would have to unless you did some serious modifications to allow for taller coil overs or made your jeep sit sky high.

the axles? no.

portals are cool and all but, they still don't have the speed sensors figured out and if it were me, i'd still take a prorock 60 with big coil over flex any day of the week. but, that's just me.

Thanks for the reply, still learning this stuff :thumb:

Top Bottom