2010 JEEP JKU SPORT STEERING/SUSPENSION PROBLEM

Yuel1298

Hello guys, hope all is well, I wanted to get some expert advice on my 2010 JEEP JKU Sport, I’ve just got done installing a brand new front end on my Jeep including a PSC hydro assist kit. I’ve attached some pics below of what I’m working with. For some reason to this day I am still dealing with flighty steering in the high way, and bump steer that makes it uncomfortable to drive at faster speeds. I’ve adjusted my caster to a 4.6 on passenger and 4.1 on driver side. My total based off of my alignment reading is .20 degrees and shows up green (not sure if it’s toed in or out based off of alignment specs). What I’ve replaced so far on the front end includes; Teraflex Tie Rod, Raptor Series Draglink, teraflex ball joints, EVO plush ride coils, new heavy duty adjustable control arms, Fox Shocks, and the PSC Hydro assist kit. The only thing I could see giving me the problems I’m having potentially is not having a raised track bar bracket since I did switch over to a high steer draglink flip. Would anyone else agree that this may be the issueD or could it be something else?? Any help is greatly appreciated

WJCO

Meme King
How high is your lift?

I’ve adjusted my caster to a 4.6 on passenger and 4.1 on driver side.
Don't do this. Make sure your control arm lengths are the same when it comes to a solid axle.

The only thing I could see giving me the problems I’m having potentially is not having a raised track bar bracket since I did switch over to a high steer draglink flip. Would anyone else agree that this may be the issue??
Yes.

jeeeep

Hooked
agree with WJCO and this write up should help:

Yuel1298

How high is your lift?

Don't do this. Make sure your control arm lengths are the same when it comes to a solid axle.

Yes.
Thank you for the reply, I have a 4 inch lift currently w 33 inch tires, looking to upgrade to 37s real soon,

Yuel1298

To me it looks like you have a raised trackbar mount.
I’ve been told the same thing, maybe the previous owner installed it but when I first bought it the drag link was not flipped at all and I never replaced the track at mount after doing my drag link flip. I also was thinking that the angles of the drag link and track at currently are very close but slightly different which may be causing some of the issues I’m having besides my uneven caster

Top Bottom