2005 TJ ?

Kuboske

We will need a complete thread on this Jeep. Way too few older, small Jeeps on this forum.
I love both of mine. Add the acquisition and mod. cost on both and you have way less than a new Rubicon...
Congrats.

JT@623

Hooked
I agree with @wayoflife in that many of the TJs I see for sale are priced way too high. LJs are understandably priced high as they are hard to find, in stock form at least. I know now that I over paid for my 06 Rubicon in 2014 when I paid almost 20k from a dealership. That being said, I still love it. If you can get it for around what you are aiming for, I think it would be a good price.

The 05-06 does have a couple inherent problems to watch for though. The factory OPDA is prone to failing which can take out the motor and the PCM may fail causing it to throw codes for the 02 sensors no matter what is done to fix it. Several vendors sell the replacement that will prevent the OPDA problem, and finding a PCM isn’t too difficult.
Ordered the OPDA last night I’ll scan it for codes this weekend. Let the fun begin

onlyone

Post up some pics when you get It. I like the old TJs. We bought a new Rocky Mountain edition back in 04. I installed a SYE and unfortunately got like 4” of lift. Lol. I think I used Nth degree control arms back when they were a company. My wife was happy On its first day with us. 😂
i can’t believe that was 18 years ago…

Attachments

• 889BE693-5D43-4DA0-B344-610D57E7E7F1.jpeg
    889BE693-5D43-4DA0-B344-610D57E7E7F1.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2B4DEF11-F47F-4084-B7AC-18CBFE7EF3CA.jpeg
    2B4DEF11-F47F-4084-B7AC-18CBFE7EF3CA.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13

Sgt_USMC

The opda is very easy if you have done a distributor before and there isn’t a code for the cam sensor or opda.

JT@623

Hooked
Post up some pics when you get It. I like the old TJs. We bought a new Rocky Mountain edition back in 04. I installed a SYE and unfortunately got like 4” of lift. Lol. I think I used Nth degree control arms back when they were a company. My wife was happy On its first day with us. 😂
i can’t believe that was 18 years ago…
I’m picking it up tonight after work I’ve been after this Jeep for a few years . Bought a YJ from the same guy in 2010 my son still drives it he bought this one shortly after and has only driven it to work and back about he’s put 34,000 miles on it since 2010

Top Bottom