1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably in August. It’s going to need a bit of road time to trust it before I take it out on the trail.
Maybe it's just me but I'd have a really hard time taking that thing out on the trail after it's done. I can't even get myself to really take my Jane out.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Maybe it's just me but I'd have a really hard time taking that thing out on the trail after it's done. I can't even get myself to really take my Jane out.
Gently, very gently.

That loop out to Marble head on Drummond is pretty clean as you don't go past it to the mud pits. I'd do that, but I'm going to have a really hard time not taking it out on the trail. I grew up taking her out, and I hope to do it again soon.

Looking nice, You planning on installing any antitheft / gps? Don't answer that here, because of course you are. But if not, might be smart to look into it while you're getting ready to wire things.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I took the windshield frame in today to get the new glass put in. I should have that back next week. Almost everything is sanded down to 5000 grit. Once I get my portion done, he’ll buff it out from there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice. Coming along. One question though is whether there is any concern about air flow and keeping things cool. That bumper and winch appear to significantly block air flow. I hope you have a good radiator shroud and a strong electric fan. Also a transmission cooler, if you’re running an automatic.
I did actually put a large 3 core Novak radiator and electric fan system in there. They swear by them to keep that 360 cool even with that winch setup.

CJs have been running that winch plate/8274 setup for nearly 50 years, so I think it should be good. But we will find out!

wjtstudios

Hooked
The chrome bumpers really keep that classic look. (y)
Is that a CJ rear bumper?
That was an option on the Scrambler and standard on the scrambler Laredo.
They are extremely rare now, so when I go out on the trail with it someday, the bumper will be left in the garage.

Top Bottom