12 JKU sport build

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Woke up this afternoon (work 3rd shift) to some goodies dropped off by Fed Ex. A couple things from Offroad Evolution.
IMG_4113.jpg

12 Jeep JKU Sport

I will be placing an order in the next few days for EVO rear builder corners. My plan to delete the rear flares with the eventual plan to upgrade to the EVO tire carrier.
View attachment 358211
I am also going to be placing an order for MCE front flares. I am debating what would look better for the direction I am going with. Full width or narrow width.
View attachment 358212

Looking for opinions on which flare to order. I currently have trimmed factory flares, but am wanting something a little different now. My eventual plan will be 37s. Building in stages with 37s as the end plan.

12 Jeep JKU Sport
With 37s I'd 100% go with the narrow width! Such a clean and badass look. Good luck getting those shipped though, I hear MCE is taking months to ship things due to "covid" [emoji2357][emoji849]

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
With 37s I'd 100% go with the narrow width! Such a clean and badass look. Good luck getting those shipped though, I hear MCE is taking months to ship things due to "covid" [emoji2357][emoji849]
I think the 4.5" flares were the ones that were hard to get. I ordered the 8.5" flares and had em in 4 or 5 days..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I will be placing an order in the next few days for EVO rear builder corners. My plan to delete the rear flares with the eventual plan to upgrade to the EVO tire carrier.
View attachment 358211
I am also going to be placing an order for MCE front flares. I am debating what would look better for the direction I am going with. Full width or narrow width.
View attachment 358212

Looking for opinions on which flare to order. I currently have trimmed factory flares, but am wanting something a little different now. My eventual plan will be 37s. Building in stages with 37s as the end plan.

12 Jeep JKU Sport
With no rear fenders definitely narrow in the front. IMO From what people have been saying there are long waiting list for the MCE fenders.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
With no rear fenders definitely narrow in the front. IMO From what people have been saying there are long waiting list for the MCE fenders.

I was thinking narrow also. Thanks for the input. I saw a few places said they had them in stock. I may call to find out for sure. If there is a waiting list, I guess I will just run my stock ones a little bit longer.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

JK_0311

I was thinking narrow also. Thanks for the input. I saw a few places said they had them in stock. I may call to find out for sure. If there is a waiting list, I guess I will just run my stock ones a little bit longer.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

I just got my MCE Narrows after ordering them in August. I’m not sure if they are in stock now or that is how long it takes to order them.

I have the EVO rear builder corners and front. I still haven’t put the front on but the rear looks really clean with no fenders. I do need to paint them to match my Bestop Core Doors though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Placed an order yesterday for EVO builder corners and placed an order this morning for narrow MCE flares. Both shipped out today. Expected to be here early next week. Super stoked to get both of these on.

Not sure if I will powdercoat the corners or just paint them so it will be easier to touch up.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Parts starting rolling in today for my rear. Poison spyder led tail lights with wiring harness for my rear builder corners. Estimated delivery for my corners are Monday. My flares will be here Wednesday. Took a little time today to add some EVO decals I ordered the other week.
IMG_4129.jpg

12 Jeep JKU Sport

Parts starting rolling in today for my rear. Poison spyder led tail lights with wiring harness for my rear builder corners. Estimated delivery for my corners are Monday. My flares will be here Wednesday. Took a little time today to add some EVO decals I ordered the other week.
View attachment 358382

12 Jeep JKU Sport
It's coming together quick! That's awesome you are getting the flares quick. I dont know what I'm talking about I guess [emoji2369]

simonjk

Caught the Bug
My plan the end of next month or end of March I plan to add some control arms. I have a few questions on what all I need.

I am currently running a 3.5 inch lift and I don’t plan to go higher or lower. The front has control arm drop brackets.

I also don’t plan on long arm as of yet, maybe in the future if I ever go to 60/60 and 40s. Which would be years down the line.

What control arms do I actually need? Just the front 4? Just lowers? Just uppers? All 8?

I am looking at the EVO control arms. I will also be ordering some extra Johnny Joint rebuild kits. Is there a certain kit I need or will any work?

I also will be ordering some driveshafts. More specifically a front driveshaft due to the fact it makes contact with the exhaust at full droop. A rear if I find a good deal on a package deal. I am currently running 35s but will switch to 37s and a front 44 when it’s time to replace. Which driveshaft would be needed? 1310 or 1350? Driveshafts are relatively new to me on modifying Jeeps as I’ve never had to do so before.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Took the time this morning to install my new MCE narrow flares on the front. Tomorrow I will be starting my install on my EVO builder corners. I love the look of these narrow flares.
IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg

12 Jeep JKU Sport

wjtstudios

Hooked
My plan the end of next month or end of March I plan to add some control arms. I have a few questions on what all I need.

I am currently running a 3.5 inch lift and I don’t plan to go higher or lower. The front has control arm drop brackets.

I also don’t plan on long arm as of yet, maybe in the future if I ever go to 60/60 and 40s. Which would be years down the line.

What control arms do I actually need? Just the front 4? Just lowers? Just uppers? All 8?

I am looking at the EVO control arms. I will also be ordering some extra Johnny Joint rebuild kits. Is there a certain kit I need or will any work?

I also will be ordering some driveshafts. More specifically a front driveshaft due to the fact it makes contact with the exhaust at full droop. A rear if I find a good deal on a package deal. I am currently running 35s but will switch to 37s and a front 44 when it’s time to replace. Which driveshaft would be needed? 1310 or 1350? Driveshafts are relatively new to me on modifying Jeeps as I’ve never had to do so before.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

Typically, you can just get the lowers to help correct castor and pinion angles.

1350s. That way you don’t need to swap it in the future when you to 60/60 and 40s. I would find a local shop to built them if there’s one near by. They end up costing about the same

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Typically, you can just get the lowers to help correct castor and pinion angles.

1350s. That way you don’t need to swap it in the future when you to 60/60 and 40s. I would find a local shop to built them if there’s one near by. They end up costing about the same

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ok thanks. I will start with lowers then. 1350s it will be.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Nice work. Those flares do look good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flares look good.

Holee Shit I can’t believe you actually got them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same here wish I was that lucky [emoji1787]

Looking sharp!

Thanks guys. I was shocked I got them so quick also. They did say there was around a month delay on the factory width ones. I also only order a front set which may also be why they came so fast. Rears will be getting ripped off this weekend for my builder corners.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I used some of my vacation days to have a nice long weekend. Since the kids are in school, I took advantage of some Jeep time.

Started on my EVO builder corners.

First coat of paint.
IMG_4145.jpg

Initial install to get my holes lined up.
IMG_4143.jpg

Tail light cut out and nutserts done.
IMG_4144.jpg

I think the nutsert tool is one of the best tools I’ve purchased for a specific job. Makes things like this super easy.

With the builder corners, they extend over the rock skins. I will have to cut part of the rock skins off to allow them to fit.
IMG_4146.jpg

12 Jeep JKU Sport

Top Bottom