10" Light Bar Suggestions

BRBWheelin

Hi - I'm looking for suggestions on a 10" Light Bar to mount to the front bumper. Would like to get a combo driving light (white light). But with the option to snap on an amber lens. Would be wired to the Aux switches on my 2020 JL. I like the KC FLEX 10" Array LED Light Bar Combo Pattern- 275 but not sure that it's still available? Also was looking at the BAJA DESIGNS S8 10IN DRIVING/COMBO LED LIGHT BAR but not sure it has an amber lens that would snap on? I'm not married to any manufacturer so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Ddays

Hooked
I just saw a 10" Baja Designs light bar in action a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quality & brightness is first class. I have a pair of S Pros with amber lenses as fog lights and even those little boogers are bright as shit. Personally don't know much about the KC's

benatc1

Hooked
I have the KC flex array 10 in and have been very happy with it, spot pattern with the amber attachments. I think it’s a great light, but they are discontinued, I searched high and low about a year and a half ago and got mine. Actually debating getting rid of it for another set of flex era 4s just for a different look when I get my new JL. But it you can find one you’ll be happy. I’ve had a few Baja lights over the years and while their light output was good, I can’t say I loved their light patterns, but a lot of factors in that.

BRBWheelin

I just saw a 10" Baja Designs light bar in action a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quality & brightness is first class. I have a pair of S Pros with amber lenses as fog lights and even those little boogers are bright as shit. Personally don't know much about the KC's
Appreciate the response. good info. Thank you.

BRBWheelin

I have the KC flex array 10 in and have been very happy with it, spot pattern with the amber attachments. I think it’s a great light, but they are discontinued, I searched high and low about a year and a half ago and got mine. Actually debating getting rid of it for another set of flex era 4s just for a different look when I get my new JL. But it you can find one you’ll be happy. I’ve had a few Baja lights over the years and while their light output was good, I can’t say I loved their light patterns, but a lot of factors in that.
Thanks for confirming that the KC Flex Array 10 in discontinued. I was going nuts searching for them! I like the Flex era 4's too but leaning towards a small lightbar (probably amber) for front bumper. Maybe era 4's on a-pillar.

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for confirming that the KC Flex Array 10 in discontinued. I was going nuts searching for them! I like the Flex era 4's too but leaning towards a small lightbar (probably amber) for front bumper. Maybe era 4's on a-pillar.
It’s a great little light bar, flex era 4s are amazing though.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I'm a fan of the BajaDesigns stuff for sure. I don't own one, but from the videos and website it looks like you can buy an S8 and the beam and color is determined by the lens. Lenses are $20 and you can swap from amber or clear in whatever lighting pattern you chose.

I've been wanting a pair of LP6's (or LP9's,) I just don't have the room up front. I've got a Rigid dual mount on the A-pillar, Rigid SS Pro Driving pattern up top and D-series with amber LEDs down below. The ambers get a lot of use on the trails after dark since they're plenty for me to see and don't bother those ahead of me.

Jeeper99

Since the KC Flex is discontinued, I'd recommend an array of four (4) S2 Pro lights. I've had such a setup on my GMC truck for about 7-8 years now. I love it. They are triggered thru relays by the high beam signal. This allows me to dump them quickly with the high beam headlight switch. My setup is a set of wide beams and a set of spots.
20221122_192109.jpg 20221122_191953.jpg

dapipp

I run a Rigid Industries 911313 SR2-Series Single Row LED 10" Light Bar on my front bumper. They make black, clear, amber or smoked covers for the light.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I run a Rigid Industries 911313 SR2-Series Single Row LED 10" Light Bar on my front bumper. They make black, clear, amber or smoked covers for the light.
You have got to check out the new lights on the market. The SR2's are great for motorcycles and ATVs because of their lower power draw, but they're less than half the light output of the lights mentioned above.

dapipp

You have got to check out the new lights on the market. The SR2's are great for motorcycles and ATVs because of their lower power draw, but they're less than half the light output of the lights mentioned above.
Like everything else in the world, bigger is not always better.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Like everything else in the world, bigger is not always better.
Rigid makes great stuff, I run all Rigid products myself. My intention wasn't to put your suggestion down, but to say this new tech in light bars yields greater light intensity and range.

dapipp

I live in an area where moose, elk and wild turkeys step out on the road all the time. For some odd reason the deer are not so stupid. I have my light bar, which has both spot and driving lights, aimed at about the same level as my headlights at 200 feet. This makes a much brighter and wider light pattern an that distance and keeps me from getting flashed by other drivers. This also allows me to see said creatures lurking on the side of the road who may be thinking of stepping out, except the turkeys, they are still dark blobs close to the ground, very little warning from them. If I had a much brighter light I would not get away with running it on the street. For example my ditch lights light up half the world and cannot be run on pavement. So my point is you need to buy lights based on what you plan to use them for, not because they are the biggest and brightest. Same goes for all the jeeps running 50 amp GMRS radios.

Jeeper99

I live in an area where moose, elk and wild turkeys step out on the road all the time. For some odd reason the deer are not so stupid. I have my light bar, which has both spot and driving lights, aimed at about the same level as my headlights at 200 feet. This makes a much brighter and wider light pattern an that distance and keeps me from getting flashed by other drivers. This also allows me to see said creatures lurking on the side of the road who may be thinking of stepping out, except the turkeys, they are still dark blobs close to the ground, very little warning from them. If I had a much brighter light I would not get away with running it on the street. For example my ditch lights light up half the world and cannot be run on pavement. So my point is you need to buy lights based on what you plan to use them for, not because they are the biggest and brightest. Same goes for all the jeeps running 50 amp GMRS radios.
Both Rigid and Baja Designs have their SAE compliant series which will help keep you in good graces with the local LEO. But regardless of "compliant" lights, no lights can be aimed as to blind oncoming traffic and most states have codes to that effect.

Top Bottom