PSI 35x12.50x17

thepboverlanderz

I recently purchased a new set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers (35x12.50x17) for my 2020 Jeep JL. Does anyone have any recommendations on what tire pressure I should run for daily driving?

For a 4 door, I’d run them anywhere from 28-32 psi. I’d say start at 30 for unloaded and 32 loaded if you’re on the asphalt a lot and go from there, the main things it will affect is overall ride quality and tire wear.

Just be aware the TPMS warning may come on and need to be reprogrammed to a different threshold with something like a Tazer if you so desire.

Dumb question but how does this affect gas mileage? If we have perfect pressure, doesn't it eat into our mileage? I mean, I KNOW underinflated will eat into it for sure. So is over-inflation by a lb or two actually increase gas mileage? Whats the trade off thats going between tires and mileage?

Dumb question but how does this affect gas mileage? If we have perfect pressure, doesn't it eat into our mileage? I mean, I KNOW underinflated will eat into it for sure. So is over-inflation by a lb or two actually increase gas mileage? Whats the trade off thats going between tires and mileage?
Driving on the crown of your tires will for sure offer less rolling resistance and therefore, improve fuel economy by a bit but at the cost of ride comfort and uneven tire wear.

So its a trade off between how much money I save by better mileage and having to replace tires sooner. So it'll probably even out in the end; I should just take advantage of the softer ride and the better traction.

So its a trade off between how much money I save by better mileage and having to replace tires sooner. So it'll probably even out in the end; I should just take advantage of the softer ride and the better traction.
That's what I would say especially with how much tires are going for these days.

Top Bottom