What was done to your rig this week?

While on Cliff Hanger last week I munched one side of my front antirocks on the first major obstacle coming up out of the creek. Wrapped it around the tie rod from over centering it. Good to see they sell the components so an easy fix. Parts are on the way.

Attachments

• RR-1878.jpg
    RR-1878.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 21

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While on Cliff Hanger last week I munched one side of my front antirocks on the first major obstacle coming up out of the creek. Wrapped it around the tie rod from over centering it. Good to see they sell the components so an easy fix. Parts are on the way.
Bummer. Looks like you are/were running links that are too short.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably true, I added 3.5 inch RK springs right before the trip, up from 2.5. Modded the RK arms but didn't touch the links. Lesson learned.
How many guys use limit straps to avoid over travel?
The ONLY reason to run limiting straps is if you have so much droop that your drive shafts bind at a full droop. Other than that, your shocks are your limiting straps.

jesse3638

Hooked
Pulled the skid plates of the jeep so I could drop it off at the transmission shop. Turns out the noise I thought was an idler pully was my throw-out bearing. Started grinding, squealing, and vibrating the pedal 2 days ago when I got home. While he has it open I opted to replace the clutch too. Had 73k on it and I know it's a bit early but I don't want to pay additional labor to have it opened up in another 25-50k miles. Dropped it off this morning amd he's going to try to have it back to me by the end of the day. That's a lot quicker than I could have done it in my garage...haha.

JamesWyatt

Had a matching wheel installed today on the spare (Method 707). I could say it's so I can do a 5-tire rotation, but the truth is I'm so used to having five identical wheels on Wranglers, I had to order a fifth. The spare is out of sight of course, but here's a photo just because:

IMG_1478.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I got a call 10 mins after the shop closed to tell me they got it all finished. The shop manager waited another 20 mins for me to drive and pick up my Jeep. I've got to say I had no idea they could do a clutch job that fast. Clutch feels much better now. The pedal is softer and will take some getting used to but it shifts better than it did new.

Top Bottom