The Build and Adventures of Bearclaw

Thanks @Disciple Off Road!! It came in today and tomorrow the work begins!View attachment 408463
I've been eyeing that for the JT, looking forward to your comments after the install.

You rig name Bearclaw reminded me of a joke I heard:

Bear goes into a bar and orders a gin and................................................................tonic
Bartender asks, why the big pause?
Bear replies "I was born with them"

I've been eyeing that for the JT, looking forward to your comments after the install.

Bear goes into a bar and orders a gin and................................................................tonic
I’ll keep you posted once it’s installed!

This AEV lift is great for what it is! I took it for a quick spin today and it handles perfectly. I was given a set of the AEV geometry correction brackets that I’ll install eventually but even without them it rides great. I’ll honestly keep it on for years, I was originally thinking of over time picking up shocks and coils and getting rid of the spacers. Time will tell but I’m pleasantly surprised with how I like it.

Last edited:
This AEV lift is great for what it is! I took it for a quick spin today and it handles perfectly. I was given a set of the geometry correction brackets from AEV that I’ll install eventually but even without them it rides great. I’ll honestly keep it on for years, I was originally thinking of over time picking up shocks and coils and getting rid of the spacers. Time will tell but I’m pleasantly surprised with how I like it.
Looks good, plenty of room for 37's (y)

This AEV lift is great for what it is! I took it for a quick spin today and it handles perfectly. I was given a set of the AEV geometry correction brackets that I’ll install eventually but even without them it rides great. I’ll honestly keep it on for years, I was originally thinking of over time picking up shocks and coils and getting rid of the spacers. Time will tell but I’m pleasantly surprised with how I like it.
Now your making me think of getting these things for mine and running it for awhile.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again. Hands down my favorite tire for both looks and performance. Looks killer!
LOD sells the steps as well but you have to buy the whole set. I feel like one would fall off every time I went on the trail. You should Fab something up or find a way to screw them on. You can probably tell I used a fair amount of different types of glue but it would always fail.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again. Hands down my favorite tire for both looks and performance. Looks killer!
LOD sells the steps as well but you have to buy the whole set. I feel like one would fall off every time I went on the trail. You should Fab something up or find a way to screw them on. You can probably tell I used a fair amount of different types of glue but it would always fail.
Thanks! I plan to pick up some self tapping screws to give that a try, I think it will work perfectly. Thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom