New bear (Gladiator) in the cave

So I got part of my front 4.5” EVO Enforcer on today. I ran out of time to get further but here’s a rookie question for those who have been here before me. My front axle shifted to the passenger side when I was putting everything on. I’m using Jack stands and floor jacks to do this in my driveway. How do you guys recommend I get it back centered? I tried everything I could think of minus loosening up both upper control arms and setting the jack stands higher and letting the axle droop further. Every time I tried moving it back it shifted further passenger. Now I’m almost there and really frustrated.IMG_7370.jpegIMG_7371.jpegIMG_7372.jpeg

Did it have an adjustable track bar? normally That works to help get it centered...
It does, but I disconnected the bottom of the factory one and started installing the springs and control arms and that’s when everything shifted. I tried connecting the new adjustable one but I can’t get it over enough to line up the holes yet.

Last edited:
It does, but I disconnected the bottom of the factory one and started installing the springs and control arms and that’s when everything shifted. I tried connecting the new adjustable one but I can’t get it over enough to line up the holes yet.
What Overlander said and a Spud wrench once it's close to help get the holes aligned.

So I got it all wrapped up but does anyone know how I could remedy this? It’s the front passenger side coil that is tilting backwards and very close to the shock. IMG_7603.jpegIMG_7604.jpeg

Are your control arms set properly? Looks to me that that control arm is short or the coil isn’t seated properly.

Are your control arms set properly? Looks to me that that control arm is short or the coil isn’t seated properly.
So I set the control arm at 24 1/2” like EVO says in the instructions but if I run the passenger side all the way in (less than 24 1/2”) it does change a little. I double checked the sprigs seat and it is in the right position.

So I set the control arm at 24 1/2” like EVO says in the instructions but if I run the passenger side all the way in (less than 24 1/2”) it does change a little. I double checked the sprigs seat and it is in the right position.
Uppers and lowers? It looks like your axle is tilted toward the rear a bit. What’s your castor? I’m not sure I would trust evo instructions honestly.

Uppers and lowers? It looks like your axle is tilted toward the rear a bit. What’s your castor? I’m not sure I would trust evo instructions honestly.
Just lowers right now. The pinion is definitely tilted back. I don’t know my pinion angle right now. I’m going to get a gauge to check it tomorrow. I played around with the pinion adjustment a little but now I’m thinking of getting the upper arms sooner than later. Stupid question but should the front pinion angle be at 0 like the rear also?

Yea Evo makes great products even the best in a lot cases. But, they have always had 2 problems. Generally poor powdercoating and not great instructions.

Yea Evo makes great products even the best in a lot cases. But, they have always had 2 problems. Generally poor powdercoating and not great instructions.
Ha ha! I learned that the hard way installing this kit. This little hiccup is killing my OCD.

Top Bottom